Complaint Review: eGumball TRUSTED BUSINESS | Ripoff Report Verified Safe™ …businesses you can trust. eGumball, Inc. has top-notch customer service team that works one-on-one with each customer to find the right keywords & optimization plan so their business can be found online. eGumball, Inc. is always innovating & working to introduce new services to their customers. eGumball, Inc. is dedicated to the Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction program.

• Submitted: Wed, August 27, 2014
  • Updated: Sun, September 13, 2015

• Reported By: Roy — Plano Texas
e-gumball
Nationwide USA

eGumball, Inc. REVIEW: eGumball, Inc. executive team and employees are dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction. eGumball's approach to business is focused on providing the highest level of customer service in the industry.
*UPDATE: eGumball, Inc.pledges commitment to always improving operations by joining Ripoff Report's Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program benefiting consumers by increasing confidence when doing business with a member business. eGumball, Inc. recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW

EDitor's UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to eGumball, Inc. for its full commitment to quality customer service.

Ripoff Report's discussions with eGumball, Inc. have uncovered an ongoing dedication by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any concerns. eGumball, Inc. listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

eGumball, Inc.'s owner and founder has informed us that his personal philosophy is that his clients success is at the heart of the business. He feels it critical to listen to his clients and respond properly in every situation. [continued below]....
..... By always putting customers’ first, he hopes to maintain eGumball, Inc. as a successful enterprise both now and for many years to come.

eGumball, Inc. is Ripoff Report Verified

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by the CEO, John Bauer during an onsite inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward eGumball, Inc.

eGumball is a Local Search Marketing provider based out of Southern California. John Bauer, CEO, stated the following in regards to his company, "we are an outsource destination for small businesses who provide local online advertising for their business." With the growing market of online promotion eGumball exceeds the competition by offering multiple services to their clients including: Google and search engine optimization, website development, and promotional products.

Leads for eGumball are primarily acquired through cold calling methods. Once initial interest has been placed Mr. Bauer explained the sales process, "once a contract is provided, signed, and returned there is a three day right of recession period provided at the time of the contact which has to expire before moving forward. The active contract is emailed to them along with their own online portal which they have to agree to our terms and conditions when they get in to the portal." Communication is a valued process for eGumball while developing relationships with their clients, "we strive to get the business the right way. Therefore, we strive to ensure our customers are clear as to what to expect going forward."

CUSTOMER CARE & COMPLAINT RESOLUTION FROM eGUMBALL, Inc.

During the onsite interview, Mr. Bauer was asked to describe some of the common complaints that they receive. Mr. Bauer explained that their most common complaint is the turnaround results are not fast enough. In order to combat this, "we educate the client as to what we do as a company. We lay out how long it typically takes Google to show those results, we provide updates, walk them through the steps and try to put the puzzle pieces back together so that they can get a full picture of what's going on."

When asked to comment on complaints posted on Ripoff Report's website Mr. Bauer explained that most complaints were in reference to miscommunications about their service. Mr. Bauer went on to state, "if a salesperson misrepresented our services to a potential customer, we have recordings of the phone call to go back and verify all escalated customer complaints. We will listen to it, and if the complaint is valid we will rectify it immediately through the appropriate channels. If we find that the customer is not understanding, then we will go through the process of educating the client so that a full understanding and resolution is achieved." In addition, their accreditations include being partners with Google Adwords, and being accredited through the BBB.

eGumball is proud to be a part of Ripoff Reports Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. Mr. Bauer further stated, "I think that 3rd party advocacy is great for business."

eGUMBALL, INC.- TESTIMONIALS

Traci helped me with my password to access my control panel. We went through the entire panel thoroughly and I even saw the way my advertising was performing through my statistics tab! I understand everything more and I really appreciate all the help! - Bailey - Washington, DC Review Date: 8/14/2015

My experience was excellent today with Rosanna! She was extremely patient with me as I created a Google listing years ago and I completely forgot how to access my own listing. She was able to take charge and get into the listing to make all the necessary changes. Way to go Rosanna! - Lisa - Old Saybrook, CT Review Date: 8/14/2015

So far so good! Customer service team is courteous and helpful! Temeca went over the phone calls and emails I would be receiving which included the log in to my control panel. eGumball's team has gone over strong points to set up my account. I really like the way its all going so far! - Brad - Jackson, MI Review Date: 8/14/2015

Quick Fast and Easy service today with eGumball! Ashley got to the point and was able to update all my search terms! Thanks - Michael - Kansas City, MO Review Date: 8/5/2015

Lynne opened my eyes to things I didn't even know I had online through eGumball! She was so helpful and knew exactly what she was talking about! She turned my frown upside down and made me happy! Five stars for her great customer service today - Tim - Overland Park, KS Review Date: 8/3/2015

Gum

eGUMBALL, INC. – STATEMENTS FROM THE OWNER

""We are one of the top local search marketing providers in the nation. With us, you'll always receive a complex and customized approach to optimizing your online presence and improving your overall marketing plan."

eGumball, Inc.'s team have expressed that they feel very confident doing their job, and enjoy working one-on-one with customers every day. eGumball, Inc. takes employee satisfaction seriously as well.

Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this,

"This is the best company I have ever worked for. Thank you eGumball for all you continue to do for me and my family. Thank you again."

Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that eGumball, Inc.'s past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM eGUMBALL, INC>

eGumball, Inc. recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report's review, eGumball, Inc. has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with the employees and management of eGumball, Inc., Ripoff Report is convinced that eGumball, Inc. is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Be sure to contact us with your questions and comments about any business that is part of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. Your questions, comments and suggestions are always welcome and will be considered even if we don't agree with them. Please realize Ripoff Report is chartering in new territory, working to make a change for both consumers and businesses alike.

Gum

How does a business get Ripoff Report Verified™

The member business allows Ripoff report to email everyone from the past. Those who respond to Ripoff report with a valid complaint must be take care of.. they have made a commitment that if anyone contacts Ripoff Report in the future, they will make things right within 14 days. The member business must err on the side of their customers. Otherwise the member business is off the program.

Ripoff Report has determined that eGumball, Inc. meets Ripoff Report Verified’s standards which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. Members of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction program do pay a fee for our on-site review, 24 hour monitoring and for support with customers to resolve any disagreements.

Ripoff Report sends a 3rd party service to do an onside inspection of the new member business. The on-site inspection / review does not mean that the products or services offered by the business have been evaluated or endorsed by Ripoff Report, and has not made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services. We can verify, that Ripoff Report went to the business, verified their business or “work from home business”, there for, if a customer in the future does not get treated correctly, Ripoff Report can get the problem resolved. If not, and the customers is right, the member business will be taken off the Corporate Advocacy Program. Remember, Ripoff Report emailed every customer from the past that filed a complaint to make sure the member business made things right with customers from the past. Again, to err on the side of their customer, those from the past and those in the future.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

----------------------------------

e-gumball, EGUMBALL, E-Gumball marketing SCAM ALERT - will take your money and do nothing Irvine CA

Do not do business with this company.  I was made multiple promises, charged hundreds of dollars and they did absolutely nothing.  When I called to complain, I was told I did not understand their services.  I requested a print-out or documentation of the endeavors and efforts put forth to my benefit and was told "a lot of stuff was done, our job is to put you on the first pace of Google".  When I asked, what "stuff" was done, the account rep could not respond.  She offered to send me a report - it was never sent.  I waited 20 days and contacted and requested it again, it never arrived so I reversed 2 months of billing (they do nothing but do not hesitate to bill your credit card).

After reversing charges, I got a phone call from a person purporting to be a manger, that person also told me "a lot of stuff was done, and I can send you a report".  The report was never sent but a rebuttal to the credit card reversal was provided to the bank.  Upon reciept of the credit card reversal, I contacted the manager again, who continually stated they had done stuff and I just did not understand.  When I read my notes of what I was promised, I was told they do not do those things and it is my fault for not understanding.  I again asked for any details on work allegedly done and was told it would be sent.

This compnay is a scam.  The promise help promoting websites, but do nothing.  When you ask what was done, they only sat "stuff" and make light of the fact that the customer just does not understand the business they are in.  The only thing to understand is that this company is a rip-off.  They will steal your money and do nothing to earn it and then hide behind the fact they are in California and "untouchable" as for collecting the judgment.  When my lawyer asked for contact, he was told they do not have a legal department and would not give the name of the Registered Agent and would not give a name for contact.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2014 09:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/e-gumball/nationwide/e-gumball-EGUMBALL-E-Gumball-marketing-SCAM-ALERT-will-take-your-money-and-do-nothing-1172647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on e-gumball

“Attorney” breached contract. eGumball tried to contact customer to resolve. Attorney needing a lawyer?

AUTHOR: 458eGumball - ()

Thank you for your feedback. eGumball has tried to contact you numerous times, so it is unfortunate that you have chosen to use this forum to resolve your issue. Reaffirming your statement below as correct, eGumball did indeed refuse to use your second claimed listing as the second listing clearly goes against Google Quality Guidelines ( https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en&ref_topic=4540086 ).  Google Quality Guidelines clearly states “Do not create more than one page for each business location, either in a single account or multiple accounts.”.  Your second listing was not compliant and could not be used per Google Guidelines.  This is not a lie and it is very clear, alongside your admission of fact, that eGumball was working in the best interest of you – our client.

A three (3) day right to recession period is standard and mandated by law.  The three (3) day recession provides consumers the opportunity to review the terms and conditions of our service. As an attorney, we would expect you to know this.

This will conclude our answers to this posting.  If you wish to further discuss your issues, we encourage you to contact our offices.

Wishing you the best of luck in the future.

e-Guumball lies, cheats, steals and then blames the victim

AUTHOR: rlr - ()

The rebuttal submitted by e-gumball is a complete and total lie.  They are obviously trying to avoid admitting they are liars, cheats, and scam artist.  I never refused to provide them the information or access.  The promise that was made and they refuse to follow is to secure access to the information which was being withheld by Rev-Local.  Rev-Local would not release my Google Places account, E-Gumball promised they would secure the access, transfer it, consolidate the account with the second one I created (which e-gumball had access to and refused to use), and I was told repeatedly I would not be charged a penny until the account was under e-gumball's control.

It is NOT "unfortunate" it is a TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE that this company stole my money and now they allege it is my fault.  Not to mention a 3-day recesion clause it useless for a service that takes 14-30 days to perform.  Think about it and use your own common sense, why would a compnay say that you - the customer - have 3 days to recend a contract and if you don't they get your money even if they do not do thier job, particularly when the work to be performed takes a minimum of 14-30 days to START.  THE RESULTS, IF ANY, WILL NOT BE VIABLE FOR 3 MONTHS.  Accordingly, the 3-day recision policy is just paint over a rusted bucket.

E-gumball stole my money.  They charged my account for work they did not do.  They never reached out to me, I called them not less than 5 times, I was even told the first time I called that I was right, they had not started work and that Rev-Local had not released the account and in fact, I was told e-gumball had not even sent the request.  Accordingly, my money would be refunded for that month (it was the first month they charged me).  The money was not refunded, the work was not done, and when I called the second time (second month I was billed), I was told similar information.  At the end of the third month, I told them they were fired and not to do any work, I wanted all my money back and that is when they charged me two more times.

Beware.  If you do business with thei company, every word thier customer service reps say is a lie.

Also, check around, they apparently changed the name, there are several complaints under E-Gumball (note the dash) but check, the same company has over forty (40) complaints under the name egumball (no dash).

My original reports is:

Client locked the door, resulting in eGumball not being able to perform its services. Attorney not reading the contract and agreements.

AUTHOR: 458eGumball - ()

Please refer to:

egumball.com/citation-tracker.asp?id=%202213938&key=29olkafh0fs0

This is an unfortunate situation involving a client who is an actual attorney. Inevitably, among our 25,000 loyal clients, past and present alike, there are bound to be those who are ill-informed and quick to distrust. In this specific case, the client was not only being serviced and contracted by two other optimization companies (unknown to eGumball), but he would not give us access to his google account or assign us managerial access, which is key to any maps marketing company. One of the companies would not go into detail about the client’s case and the other admitted to the client that they had been charging him for 24 months while not providing any services, causing him to quickly distrust eGumball and group us with these other SEO marketing companies.

After three months of trying to contact this client, he (the attorney) shut the door on eGumball and blindly claimed fraud on his VISA, trying to charge us back. eGumball won the fraudulent case. He then contacted eGumball asking for proof of service, only giving us less than 12 hours to provide before calling us with threats. His last phone call was to an eGumball representative, who was interviewed after the matter, saying that the client threatened him and exclaimed that he was going to “gut [him] like a fish.”

The bottom line:

Not only did the client threaten our employee, but he did not provide the information that eGumball needs to successfully carry out its services.

eGumball’s client agreement and contract are transparent in that the client has 3 days to recession and that the client will be charged whether they want to recklessly withhold important information or not. Even so, the client did not stick around long enough to see results, representing his misunderstanding of our service.

This client is an attorney who did not read the agreement and contract thoroughly and recklessly filed a fraudulent case.

We wish him the best of luck and hope to avoid any more of these accounts in the future.