Complaint Review: e-harmony.com - Dr. Neil Warren

• Submitted: Thu, February 25, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, February 25, 2010

• Reported By: IntegrityRequired — Internetville Internet United States of America
e-harmony.com - Dr. Neil Warren

e-harmony.com - Dr. Neil Warren Strange Registration Procedure! Useless Photographs! Inappropriate Matches! Read about it here! Internet

Re:  e-harmony.com

1.  Strange registration procedure: Due to computer problems, I used a public computer to register.  When there was only a few minutes left, I saved the unfinished profile.

About 20 more questions, true or false, appeared.  I didn't have time, so I rapidly indicated false, saved the profile.  Later, I tried to locate that particular part of the profile and couldn't.

I'm a writer.  Some of the questions were complex or worded oddly.  Sometimes, words were used strangely.

With the questions that rated your response on a scale of "I agree" to "I disagree," some of the questions were worded like trick questions.  If, as I writer, I had difficulty determining the question, people with less reading and writing experience would find it even more difficult.

2.  Photographs:  The photographs of my so-called "matches" were unclear and/or inappropriate, i.e., unclear photos, couldn't see him, etc.

3.  Inappropriate matches:  I indicated that I was a Democrat in the profile however, there was no place in the profile to request Democrat men only.

It seemed that every profile sent to me was of a Republican man, usually located in a rural or conservative area.

4.  e-harmony.com Contact Info:  Thankfully, I didn't pay any fees.  On-line, I noticed there were complaints about cancelling.

In fact, I don't think I completed the profile.  I wasn't asked the most basic questions.

However, I received "matches".  My experiences lead me to believe that they provided the basic information that I had not been allowed to provide.

I tried to locate an e-mail address to request the profile be deleted.  I couldn't find any such information through google.com, however, there were many complaints about an inability to locate contact info.

Then, I found an e-mail address -- in an e-mail that had been sent to me, after I had supposedly completed the profile.

I requested that they delete the profile and send me verification that it had been deleted.  I mentioned my experiences with the website, but not in a mean or angry way.

I continued to receive "matches".

I tried to access the profile.  I'd forgotten the password, requested one.  Usually, this is a computerized feature on all websites.

I was told a new password would be sent to me.  Usually, we are sent our original password or allowed to create a new password.

I did not receive an e-mail.

My personal conclusions and opinions:  This is a website owned by a conservative.

I recalled that years ago, I read some of their so-called "success" stories.  They seemed to be about couples where the woman was liberal, the man, a conservative.

I'm led to believe that there is a different registration process for Democrats and Republicans.  Democrats are given the rough treatment that I received, to try to conservatize Democrats.  I frequently experience this technique in everyday life.

On a website concerned with dating and relations between women and men, clarity and clear writing is absolutely necessary.  I think the meaning and clarity of some of the questions were deliberately obfuscated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2010 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/e-harmonycom-Dr-Neil-Warren/internet/e-harmonycom-Dr-Neil-Warren-Strange-Registration-Procedure-Useless-Photographs-In-574853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on e-harmony.com - Dr. Neil Warren