Complaint Review: E-Z Car rental

E-Z Car rental
2003 McCoy Road, Suite A Orlando, Florida USA

E-Z Rent-A-Car Ripoff on Toll charges Orlando Florida

*Author of original report: Do not use E-Z Rent-a-car

*Consumer Comment: Yes It Does Matter!

Who can I complaint about a practice that I consider a racket against the customer?

I rented at E-Z Car rental and I declined the EZ pass (surpass in Florida) because I thought that it was a waste of my money to pay $15 a day when the tolls are just $1.

So, I took the longer route via I 95 to go to Orlando and in Orlando I stopped at every toll and paid the tolls in cash.  Two months later I get a charge on my credit card for $100 administration plus $8.45 of tolls.

After half a day of finding out what had happened (I even called my credit card company to cancel my card), I find out that the EZ cars have the EZ pass mounted, cannot be disabled, and even though you stop at the tolls and pay in cash, they get charged to the EZ pass. Then the toll authority charges EZ pass and they charge you a $100 administration fee.

The fact that the EZ pass was not DISABLED when I declined the EZ pass is their problem, not mine.  I did not want an EZ pass on the car I was renting. It does not matter what the small print says, I declined the service and they imposed it on me and now it has cost me a lot of aggravation, half a day of work just figuring out that it was not a fraudulent transaction from someone who had my card, plus now they are coming after me for $108 that I do not think I owe.

I think this is totally a dishonest practice to trick the client and I want to know what can be done about it.  It really shows a total lack of honor for the client.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2013 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-Z-Car-rental/Orlando-Florida-32809/E-Z-Rent-A-Car-Ripoff-on-Toll-charges-Orlando-Florida-1107379. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E-Z Car rental

Do not use E-Z Rent-a-car

AUTHOR: C.B. - ()

Be careful when you rent from E-Z rent-a-car.  I have rented with many and the Tolls issue, that they would charge me $100 (one hundred dollars) for "administering the tolls" is outrageous. I know I am responsible for reading the fine print.  If we ever read the fine print for everything we sign we would never have anything done in life.  We kind of think that things are going to be the same frome one day to the other and that the contracts are kind of similar.  Well I guess they are not and that is why I am going to pay.  But I am tellig readers there is a $100 dollar scam on E-Z because DECLINING coverage does not mean you do not have to pay, it means you have to be super hiper careful with them. Better to use ENTERRPRISE. They really have great contracts and great customer service. On the other hand, E-Z has been a pain and it cost me $100 more than what I had paid plus a lot of aggravation and lost time just figuring out what was going on.

Yes It Does Matter!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

If the "small print which you say 'doesn't matter' actually says you will pay this fee, then guess what you agreed to?  If it is exactly as you say, is this right?  Probably not.  But what governs the transaction is what you agreed to on the contract by your signature whether you read the fine print or not.