Complaint Review: E-Z Moves and Household Services

• Updated: Thu, November 11, 2010

• Reported By: billbob164 — Wichita Kansas United States of America
E-Z Moves and Household Services
Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

E-Z Moves and Household Services Charles Evans disonest and deceptive Omaha, Nebraska

It all started on May19th of 2010. I contacted a moving company to load 2 26 foot trucks and I would drive them from St Paul to Wichita where we bought our new home. The company I called put us in contact with Charles Evans of E-Z moves and household services.I told him that I had wanted a crew waiting in Wichita and I needed him and his crew to load the 2 trucks in St. Paul.  He immediately suggested that I cancel the agreement with the company and he would load both trucks and drive them with his crew to Wichita and unload them also. Like a dumb a*s, I did this. He said he would have 2 other capable men to help load and drive the trucks to Wichita.
When the day to load the trucks arrived, he told me both men had quit and taken all his money.(boo-h*o). Turns out this was a lie. All there was to load was his wife and 2 kids who we ended up babysitting mast of the time as well as helping load the trucks. 2 days to load both trucks. I had advanced $600 via PayPal and promised another $150. for motel and meals as well as $50.00 for gas for his vehicle. Just for his en d alone we are now at $800.00 Not bad for 2 days work.
So now we arrive at Wichita. Both trucks are parked in front of our home ready to unload in the morning. Charles Evans now has all of my money. ($800). He shows up and tells me he called Craigslist and has 2 men (inexperienced) to do the total unload of the trucks. I am to pay them $9.00 per hour in addition to what I already paid Mr. Dipshit. He took the cash and bailed. So now I was out of pocket another $175.00
I was stunned. What balls! I am a senior citizen and a disabled veteran and I have been had a few times but this takes the cake! I contacted the company That he had me cancel the contract and they blacklisted  him from doing any more business. I would take him to small claims court but I sincerely believe he is sue-proof. He has nothing. So I contacted AMPLA (a moving organization he belongs to) and they blacklisted him as well. My advice: Stay away from this man. He is a one man con organization and he is dishonest and will take every opportunity to take your money! Beware!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2010 12:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-Z-Moves-and-Household-Services/Omaha-Nebraska-/E-Z-Moves-and-Household-Services-Charles-Evans-disonest-and-deceptive-Omaha-Nebraska-660692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E-Z Moves and Household Services