Complaint Review: eBay Financial Dept

• Updated: Mon, March 18, 2013

• Reported By: Philip — Myrtle Beach South Carolina
eBay Financial Dept
9781 Portofino Dr Orlando, Florida United States of America

eBay Financial Dept Brenda McCray car listed on craigs, contacted individual, sent a total of $3710.00 to purchase vehicle Orlando, Florida

*Consumer Comment: question

I saw a car advertised on craigs list 2004 volkswagon passat i contacted indivual and was told to follow instructions by with the eBay Financial Dept and sent them a moneygram in the amount of $2210.00 to which I did.

I was then contacted again by the ebay financial dept saying the they needed an additional $1500.00 for shipping insurance, not even thinking this was a scam, I was just thinking that I couldn't pass up this deal, I sent another moneygram in the amount of $1500.00

I attempted to contact Brenda McCray thru her email address and she would not answer any of my questions regarding the vehicle and this is when I became suspecious and checked google regarding any scams about this ebay financial department, and that is when I knew I had been scammed.

What recourse do I have in this matter, I don't know what to do, I am 74 years old and right now I am  in disbelief of what has happen to me, please help

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2013 09:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eBay-Financial-Dept/Orlando-Florida-32832/eBay-Financial-Dept-Brenda-McCray-car-listed-on-craigs-contacted-individual-sent-a-total-1035596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eBay Financial Dept

question

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Why did you ignore the fraud alert page that was displayed when you clicked the cars+trucks link on the craigslist web site?