Complaint Review: eBay & PayPal

• Updated: Sat, September 22, 2012

• Reported By: mondrayuk — Bellevue Washington United States of America
eBay & PayPal
2145 Hamilton Ave San Jose, California United States of America

eBay & PayPal Being sold counterfeit goods and eBay will not honor a claim and allows the seller to continue San Jose, California

I received the goods on 08/20/2012 from an eBay approved seller megabyte500 eBay item number 261081391958 and mail them back out on the same day back to the seller which cost an extra $21.74 to do so as they were counterfeit.  The tracking details of USPS LC564683796US show that the package left Los Angeles on 08/23/2012 and the seller did not provide a refund.  On 09/15/2012 I submitted a claim to eBay and they denied the claim on 09/16/2012.

On 09/17/2012 I submitted a fax to eBay to appeal that cost an additional $12.60 to do so from my local UPS store.  I am out of pocket for $408.79 plus interest.  I spoke with eBay on 09/21/2012 and they are going to deny the appeal even though I have provided documentary evidence to support I was sold counterfeit goods including an email from Omega servicers

confirming that the item was a counterfeit.  So, there is no eBay protection for being sold counterfeit goods and eBay have not taken any action against the seller for doing so.   I tried submitting a claim through PayPal and as I had already opened a case via eBay, which PayPal is owned by them, I was not allowed to. I have now submitted a claim to my credit card company who provide Paypal with the funds to purcahse the goods.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2012 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eBay-PayPal/San-Jose-California-95125/eBay-PayPal-Being-sold-counterfeit-goods-and-eBay-will-not-honor-a-claim-and-allows-the-945083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eBay & PayPal