Complaint Review: eBay Trust & Safety

• Updated: Thu, August 08, 2013

• Reported By: Jerry D. — Clifton Heights Pennsylvania
eBay Trust & Safety
2145 Hamilton Avenue San Jose, California USA

eBay Trust & Safety, Shelly, Thomas Vincent FeedBack Extortion San Jose California

These statements reflect my opinion and the facts as I know them to be true, (from personal experience). On August 8, 2013 Shelly, from eBay Trust & Safety, sided with a less then reputable buyer. The buyer whose id is thomascvincent has 5 negative and 4 neutral FeedBacks for the past year, as a seller. I had no negative FeedBack for the same time period. The buyer has stated that he is a six figure IT employee for Wal-Mart,  and yet he initially did not have the funds to complete the less than one hundred dollar transaction. Nor did he have the courtesy to contact me to make payment arrangements, as I requested in my eBay listing.  I wonder if he was including decimal points when bragging about his income.  According to Shelly’s eBay subordinates, they documented obvious FeedBack Extortion.  They did so in the event that I needed to have any possible negative FeedBack removed if left by this buyer in future, and reassured me that I was in the right. The one girl, (representative) implied that she wouldn’t complete the transaction with the buyer if it were her but could not advise me on what to do.  However, Shelly informed me that the seller was entitled to his opinion and that the negative FeedBack would  stand and not be removed. This directly contradicted what eBay’s support had told me over a two day period with three different representatives. Don’t be bullied by FeedBack extortion. Stand up for honesty regardless of eBay’s representatives’ lack of ability to do so. And oh yes Shelly, as the buyer I too am entitled to my opinion. Shame on you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2013 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eBay-Trust-Safety/San-Jose-California-95125/eBay-Trust-Safety-Shelly-Thomas-Vincent-FeedBack-Extortion-San-Jose-California-1074176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eBay Trust & Safety