Complaint Review: eBay

• Submitted: Wed, January 25, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, February 05, 2012

• Reported By: Mike33183 — Seekonk Massachusetts U.S.A.
eBay
208 Walnut Ave Cranford, New Jersey United States of America

eBay Seller alexandra879 Refuses to refund cost of tickets to a cancelled event. Cranford, New Jersey

*Author of original report: Got my refund

I purchased tickets to a concert two months in advance on eBay.  After winning the auction for the tickets, the seller contacted me by email telling me that there was an error and asked me to send her double the purchase price.  I refused to pay double my winning bid and told her I was going to file a complaint with ebay.  She tried to tell me that she paid double what she actually did and she was only trying to make her money back.  I think she bought a membership to the venue to access their advanced ticket sales and was trying to pass that cost on to me, not my problem, don't list an item with a starting price that is lower than what you are willing to sell it for.  She then agreed to complete the transaction.

The event ended up being cancelled several days before it was scheduled to take place.  I contacted the seller numerous times through ebay to arrange a refund.  She finally answered and claimed that she never got my previous messages.  She told me to return my tickets to the venue, as this was required by the venue to process her refund.  I mailed them in and confirmed with the venue that they were received.  Contacted her again through email to inquire about my refund and continued to be ignored.

Now working with eBay, PayPal, Bill Me Later, my bank to see who is going to hold this seller responsible for refunding my money.

Biggest joke of all is that this THIEF has written numerous business and marketing articles online, http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Alexandra_Nowak ?????

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2012 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eBay/Cranford-New-Jersey-07016/eBay-Seller-alexandra879-Refuses-to-refund-cost-of-tickets-to-a-cancelled-event-Cranford-828447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eBay

Got my refund

AUTHOR: Mike33183 - (U.S.A.)

After receiving no answer thru eBay messages to the seller, I decided to write a letter to the return address on the shipping envelope.  The seller responded and refunded the money right away.  Apparently, they were not receiving the messages thru eBay.