Alabama

• Reported By: Avoid eBay — Austin Texas United States of America
eBay
2145 Hamilton Ave San Jose, California United States of America

eBay eBay goes back on their word and steals $334.99! San Jose, California

eBay will not honor a promised refund on a buyer protection case because the paperwork took to long to come in.

I had sold a Samsung Galaxy SIII to Crypz0r. He claimed that the phone was broken as a cause of the charger I had sent him. Upon receiving the item and further investigation it appeared that Chris Rogers (Crypz0r)
had attempted to alter the phone operating system corrupting/damaging the phone.

I articulated this to eBay and was told to file and submit a police report and I would be given a full refund and win the Buyer
Protection Case. I filed and submitted the police report but eBay told me to get the comprehensive/extended police report and submit it. I mailed Austin Central Records to get a copy of the confidential extended police report. They took longer than expected to send me a copy so when I submitted it to eBay they said that since it was past the 10 days to
submit the paperwork they were not going to give me a refund.

Now Chris Rogers has just got away with fraud and eBay is protecting him. eBay is not honoring their original promise to issue me a full refund after I provided the police report. I lost $334.99 and a lot of time trying to resolve the issue with eBay.

I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint and got a generic response from Ben Parker at the Office of the President.  He sited paragraphs from their terms of agreement saying that I am not covered because they can do whatever they want. He sited the following paragraph:

Per our User Agreement:

"buyers and sellers permit us to make a final decision, in our sole discretion,
on any claim that a buyer files with eBay under the eBay Buyer Protection Policy."

You are NOT protected when you sell on eBay. AVOID eBay!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 06:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eBay/San-Jose-California-95125/eBay-eBay-goes-back-on-their-word-and-steals-33499-San-Jose-California-1009505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eBay