Complaint Review: eBizNex

• Updated: Mon, August 29, 2011

• Reported By: temok01 — United States of America
eBizNex
113 South Juanita Street Hemet, California United States of America

eBizNex Mike Cox Turned my high-end laptop into a low-end paper weight. Hemet, California

If you've been ripped off buy this company, I recommend filing a complaint with the CA Attorney General and the Los Angles Office of the BBB. In addition, contact eBay and PayPal, even if it's beyond the 45 days. I called them and they can't get my money back, but they are opening investigations into the company to prevent anyone else from being ripped off.

Here is what happened to me: On 6/16/11 I originally purchased a laptop repair from eBizNex on eBay. My laptop was randomly shutting down, but I used it and it ran enough for me to know that it had all of its original components. I shipped it out and eBizNex e-mailed me on 6/30 saying that in addition to the original repair, my motherboard needed to be replaced for an additional $49.95. I agreed.

I received my laptop back on 7/21. The first time I turned it on, it booted up and I was able to get into Windows. After about 10 minutes, the system shutdown and it kept shutting down. I e-mailed stating that it still wasn't working and they had me send it back for a warranty repair.

I never received any communication from the seller after my warranty repair was completed. On 8/9 my laptop just showed up via UPS. There was also no information sent back with my laptop. I started my laptop, it wouldn't open Windows and was only showing 1GB of RAM instead of 4GB. (4GB is the standard for my laptop) I e-mailed the seller about this. The response I received back told me that the non-boot was a common problem they saw with these laptops and that they had received my laptop with only 1GB. They also claim to conduct testing, if that was true, I wouldn't have received my laptop back broken, twice.

I have since had the laptop examined by a local company. My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv2854se. The local company told me the motherboard and CPU are now that of a HP dv2413. The dv2413 only comes with 1GB of RAM and can only support 2GB. Also, the dv2845se has a AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core 2.10 GHz, now my laptop has a slower 1.8 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core.

Before I sent this computer in, it did start up and ran enough for me to know that it had all the original parts.I have e-mailed twice asking for a refund and have received no response.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2011 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eBizNex/Hemet-California-92543/eBizNex-Mike-Cox-Turned-my-high-end-laptop-into-a-low-end-paper-weight-Hemet-California-770606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eBizNex