Complaint Review: eGumball TRUSTED BUSINESS | Ripoff Report Verified Safe™ …businesses you can trust. eGumball, Inc. has top-notch customer service team that works one-on-one with each customer to find the right keywords & optimization plan so their business can be found online. eGumball, Inc. is always innovating & working to introduce new services to their customers. eGumball, Inc. is dedicated to the Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction program.

• Submitted: Fri, August 26, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, October 01, 2015

• Reported By: anonymous — san francisco California United States of America
eGumball
8687 research drive, irvine, ca 92618 Internet United States of America

eGumball, Inc. REVIEW: eGumball, Inc. dedicated to total customer satisfaction & the optimization of their customers' online presence.
*UPDATE: eGumball, Inc. pledges commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits consumers, ensuring complete satisfaction, confidence when doing business with a member business. eGumball, Inc. recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW

EDitor's UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to eGumball, Inc. for its full commitment to quality customer service.

Ripoff Report's discussions with eGumball, Inc. have uncovered an ongoing dedication by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any concerns. eGumball, Inc. listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

eGumball, Inc.'s owner and founder has informed us that his personal philosophy is that his clients success is at the heart of the business. He feels it critical to listen to his clients and respond properly in every situation. [continued below]....
..... By always putting customers’ first, he hopes to maintain eGumball, Inc. as a successful enterprise both now and for many years to come.

eGumball, Inc. is Ripoff Report Verified

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by the CEO, John Bauer during an onsite inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward eGumball, Inc.

eGumball is a Local Search Marketing provider based out of Southern California. John Bauer, CEO, stated the following in regards to his company, "we are an outsource destination for small businesses who provide local online advertising for their business." With the growing market of online promotion eGumball exceeds the competition by offering multiple services to their clients including: Google and search engine optimization, website development, and promotional products.

Leads for eGumball are primarily acquired through cold calling methods. Once initial interest has been placed Mr. Bauer explained the sales process, "once a contract is provided, signed, and returned there is a three day right of recession period provided at the time of the contact which has to expire before moving forward. The active contract is emailed to them along with their own online portal which they have to agree to our terms and conditions when they get in to the portal." Communication is a valued process for eGumball while developing relationships with their clients, "we strive to get the business the right way. Therefore, we strive to ensure our customers are clear as to what to expect going forward."

CUSTOMER CARE & COMPLAINT RESOLUTION FROM eGUMBALL, Inc.

During the onsite interview, Mr. Bauer was asked to describe some of the common complaints that they receive. Mr. Bauer explained that their most common complaint is the turnaround results are not fast enough. In order to combat this, "we educate the client as to what we do as a company. We lay out how long it typically takes Google to show those results, we provide updates, walk them through the steps and try to put the puzzle pieces back together so that they can get a full picture of what's going on."

When asked to comment on complaints posted on Ripoff Report's website Mr. Bauer explained that most complaints were in reference to miscommunications about their service. Mr. Bauer went on to state, "if a salesperson misrepresented our services to a potential customer, we have recordings of the phone call to go back and verify all escalated customer complaints. We will listen to it, and if the complaint is valid we will rectify it immediately through the appropriate channels. If we find that the customer is not understanding, then we will go through the process of educating the client so that a full understanding and resolution is achieved." In addition, their accreditations include being partners with Google Adwords, and being accredited through the BBB.

eGumball is proud to be a part of Ripoff Reports Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. Mr. Bauer further stated, "I think that 3rd party advocacy is great for business."

eGUMBALL, INC.- TESTIMONIALS

Traci helped me with my password to access my control panel. We went through the entire panel thoroughly and I even saw the way my advertising was performing through my statistics tab! I understand everything more and I really appreciate all the help! - Bailey - Washington, DC Review Date: 8/14/2015

My experience was excellent today with Rosanna! She was extremely patient with me as I created a Google listing years ago and I completely forgot how to access my own listing. She was able to take charge and get into the listing to make all the necessary changes. Way to go Rosanna! - Lisa - Old Saybrook, CT Review Date: 8/14/2015

So far so good! Customer service team is courteous and helpful! Temeca went over the phone calls and emails I would be receiving which included the log in to my control panel. eGumball's team has gone over strong points to set up my account. I really like the way its all going so far! - Brad - Jackson, MI Review Date: 8/14/2015

Quick Fast and Easy service today with eGumball! Ashley got to the point and was able to update all my search terms! Thanks - Michael - Kansas City, MO Review Date: 8/5/2015

Lynne opened my eyes to things I didn't even know I had online through eGumball! She was so helpful and knew exactly what she was talking about! She turned my frown upside down and made me happy! Five stars for her great customer service today - Tim - Overland Park, KS Review Date: 8/3/2015

Gum

eGUMBALL, INC. – STATEMENTS FROM THE OWNER

""We are one of the top local search marketing providers in the nation. With us, you'll always receive a complex and customized approach to optimizing your online presence and improving your overall marketing plan."

eGumball, Inc.'s team have expressed that they feel very confident doing their job, and enjoy working one-on-one with customers every day. eGumball, Inc. takes employee satisfaction seriously as well.

Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this,

"This is the best company I have ever worked for. Thank you eGumball for all you continue to do for me and my family. Thank you again."

Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that eGumball, Inc.'s past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM eGUMBALL, INC>

eGumball, Inc. recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report's review, eGumball, Inc. has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with the employees and management of eGumball, Inc., Ripoff Report is convinced that eGumball, Inc. is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Be sure to contact us with your questions and comments about any business that is part of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. Your questions, comments and suggestions are always welcome and will be considered even if we don't agree with them. Please realize Ripoff Report is chartering in new territory, working to make a change for both consumers and businesses alike.

Gum

How does a business get Ripoff Report Verified™

The member business allows Ripoff report to email everyone from the past. Those who respond to Ripoff report with a valid complaint must be take care of.. they have made a commitment that if anyone contacts Ripoff Report in the future, they will make things right within 14 days. The member business must err on the side of their customers. Otherwise the member business is off the program.

Ripoff Report has determined that eGumball, Inc. meets Ripoff Report Verified’s standards which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. Members of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction program do pay a fee for our on-site review, 24 hour monitoring and for support with customers to resolve any disagreements.

Ripoff Report sends a 3rd party service to do an onside inspection of the new member business. The on-site inspection / review does not mean that the products or services offered by the business have been evaluated or endorsed by Ripoff Report, and has not made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services. We can verify, that Ripoff Report went to the business, verified their business or “work from home business”, there for, if a customer in the future does not get treated correctly, Ripoff Report can get the problem resolved. If not, and the customers is right, the member business will be taken off the Corporate Advocacy Program. Remember, Ripoff Report emailed every customer from the past that filed a complaint to make sure the member business made things right with customers from the past. Again, to err on the side of their customer, those from the past and those in the future.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

----------------------------------

eGumball Deceptive sales and predatory business practices Internet, Internet

I was contacted by phone by eGumball's marketer who implied the company was part of Google, described helpful marketing services based on a microsite they would post and do search optimization for representing my business, over which I would have control.  They then posted a shoddy, amateur-appearing microsite, rife with misspellings and inaccuracies without my clearance to do so and, when I discovered it, refused to take it down, refund me or even immediately terminate my contract as I requested upon becoming aware of what had been posted which was detrimental to my professional reputation and business.

I was rudely treated, told the contract could not be terminated early (before 6 months) and was threatened that the microsite would not be taken down until I had paid off the remainder of the contract.  When I wrote naming this blackmail I was finally assured the microsite would be taken down at that time, which did not happen, after my giving in and agreeing to wait out the 6 months contract.

After the six months initial contract although they were in possession of my letter demanding termination ASAP they nonetheless converted my 6 month contract into an ongoing month to month for which they continued to charge my credit card.  When I discovered this and asked to be refunded at least the fees charged after the end of the initial contract they again refused any recourse.  This is a disreputable company which deceived me into signing a contract, posted damaging content and willfully ignored requests to terminate, harming my business and reputation in the process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2011 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eGumball/internet/eGumball-Deceptive-sales-and-predatory-business-practices-Internet-Internet-769724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eGumball

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Content Approved By eGumball Customers

AUTHOR: eGumball Inc. - (United States of America)

This is an odd post.  Every client at eGumball is provided a client side content editor which requires APPROVAL prior to publication.  If the "anonymous" author is indeed a client of eGumball then THE CLIENT MUST HAVE APPROVED THE CONTENT - INCLUDING THE MICROSITE.

We can deactivate a microsite with WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION.

How did eGumball deceive you into signing an agreement?

#2 General Comment

I had Problems with Egumball Too..

AUTHOR: jay - (United States of America)

Now they are filling a lawsuit against me for my bad reviews.  If you are interested, you can contact me at jasonhasty@yahoo.com.  We can compare stories.  They have posted for me to "pay my bills" and all kinds of crazy stuff when I paid them a large fee to cancel.  Also, I forgot all about the "Micro Site"  I agree it is cheesy to say  the least.