Complaint Review: eGumball

eGumball
8687 research drive, irvine, ca 92618 Internet United States of America

eGumball Deceptive sales and predatory business practices Internet, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Content Approved By eGumball Customers

*General Comment: I had Problems with Egumball Too..

I was contacted by phone by eGumball's marketer who implied the company was part of Google, described helpful marketing services based on a microsite they would post and do search optimization for representing my business, over which I would have control.  They then posted a shoddy, amateur-appearing microsite, rife with misspellings and inaccuracies without my clearance to do so and, when I discovered it, refused to take it down, refund me or even immediately terminate my contract as I requested upon becoming aware of what had been posted which was detrimental to my professional reputation and business.

I was rudely treated, told the contract could not be terminated early (before 6 months) and was threatened that the microsite would not be taken down until I had paid off the remainder of the contract.  When I wrote naming this blackmail I was finally assured the microsite would be taken down at that time, which did not happen, after my giving in and agreeing to wait out the 6 months contract.

After the six months initial contract although they were in possession of my letter demanding termination ASAP they nonetheless converted my 6 month contract into an ongoing month to month for which they continued to charge my credit card.  When I discovered this and asked to be refunded at least the fees charged after the end of the initial contract they again refused any recourse.  This is a disreputable company which deceived me into signing a contract, posted damaging content and willfully ignored requests to terminate, harming my business and reputation in the process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2011 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eGumball/internet/eGumball-Deceptive-sales-and-predatory-business-practices-Internet-Internet-769724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eGumball

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Content Approved By eGumball Customers

AUTHOR: eGumball Inc. - (United States of America)

This is an odd post.  Every client at eGumball is provided a client side content editor which requires APPROVAL prior to publication.  If the "anonymous" author is indeed a client of eGumball then THE CLIENT MUST HAVE APPROVED THE CONTENT - INCLUDING THE MICROSITE.

We can deactivate a microsite with WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION.

How did eGumball deceive you into signing an agreement?

#2 General Comment

I had Problems with Egumball Too..

AUTHOR: jay - (United States of America)

Now they are filling a lawsuit against me for my bad reviews.  If you are interested, you can contact me at jasonhasty@yahoo.com.  We can compare stories.  They have posted for me to "pay my bills" and all kinds of crazy stuff when I paid them a large fee to cancel.  Also, I forgot all about the "Micro Site"  I agree it is cheesy to say  the least.