Complaint Review: eHarmony

• Reported By: BC — Big Lake Minnesota United States of America
eHarmony

eHarmony Auto-renew scam, Internet

*Consumer Comment: No one believes you

This auto-renewal feature is a nightmare. It wouldn't be so bad if the company is willing to work with you! I understand the advantages. No interuption of service, no re-entering info, etc. For a customer who doesn't WANT to renew it is a nightmare.

I will quickly try to explain. Today I had a pending charge on my credit card account for eHarmony. Right away I knew what the issure was. I have used these types of services before so I am almost 100% sure upon joining that I disabled the auto-renew feature...anyway that was 6 months ago. I paid for a 6 month membership (better deal). So, I immediately called them after searching for 20 mintues on the internet for their phone number.

The lady, Tina, was nice at first. I explained that I hadn't been using the site and I wanted to cancel and I'd like my charge refunded. Bottom line is she refused. I tried to expain that I hadn't been using the service and I don't WANT to use the service. I tried to equate it to going to a store and buying something and returning it unopened. Keep in mind that my auto-renewal, at this point, happened 9 hours prior while I was sleeping.

After I realized I wasn't getting anywhere with Tina I asked politely to talk to her manager. She said they don't have managers and there wasn't anyone else I could talk to. So, here I am. Trying to warn other people and encouraging them not to use this service. Like I said, upon joining I am sure that I turned the auto-renewal feature off, although how can I prove that??!!

So, now I am scammed out of $140.94 and I get absolutely nothing in return.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2012 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eHarmony/internet/eHarmony-Auto-renew-scam-Internet-972150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eHarmony

No one believes you

AUTHOR: The Truth hurts - (United States of America)

Quit lying-you did NOT cancel the auto renew so you are responsible for the charges.  Read terms and conditions please.