Complaint Review: eHarmony

• Submitted: Thu, April 14, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, April 14, 2011

• Reported By: southerngq — Easley South Carolina USA

eHarmony Money hungry and not as "loving" as thought Internet

I thought eharmony was a trusted service and did have a good reputation. HOWEVER, I found out differently. I signed up with eharmony after a divorce. I wanted to meet some new people and return to dating. I paid the initial $95.80 for my membership. (There are 3 payments of $95.80 for the membershup) After 3 weeks, I found out that eharmony was really not what i was looking for. Nothing they did, just me. Then, I went through the proper procedures on the website to cancel my account. I went back in a week later and my account was still active. I went through the procedures outlined on the website again. Went back a week later....account still active.
I finally e-mailed eharmony and asked them to cancel my account. This was done and confirmed.
I didn't give it another thought, until I see another charge of $95.80 clear my account.....then a few days later.... another charge of $95.80 cleared my account! You basically cannot call eharmony. SO, I e-mailed the company numerous times before I got a reponse. After over a month, I finally got ONE of the additional charges refunded.
     So, I paid eHarmony $191.60 for 3 weeks of membership, which was not actually supposed to be that long. Nice. I will obviously never use eharmony again and i warn anyone who is thinking about it, you better be sure because your going to pay for it no matter what!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2011 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eHarmony/internet/eHarmony-Money-hungry-and-not-as-loving-as-thought-Internet-717483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eHarmony