Complaint Review: eHeat

• Submitted: Mon, January 21, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 21, 2013

• Reported By: Valentinoi — San Leandro California United States of America
eHeat
22955 Tomball Pkwy, Suite 17, Tomball, TX 77375 Tomball, Texas United States of America

eHeat Envi wall Heaters Refusal to stand behind their product Tomball, Texas

Every prospective buyer should know the eHeat policy on returns.

Without disclosing before the sales of their merchandise, every prospective buyer should hunt for and look at Support>Return Policy>Nonreturnable Items before ordering as they apparently disavow any responsibility for their liability of their products:

Hardwired heaters that have been installed and/or used are NOT returnable.

These items require permanent modifications in order to be installed and as such cannot be refurbished for resale. These models are HW1012T, HW1012N, HW1022T and HW1022N.

Products that are not returned in the original factory packaging are NOT returnable.

Products that are damaged through customer misuse, are missing parts, or is in unsellable condition due to customer tampering or abuse are NOT returnable.

Thermostats and timers that have been opened and the wiring altered during installation are NOT returnable.

I am very distressed by the customer service of eHeat. I bought one of their wall heaters for $139.95 and a Programmable Digital Wall Switch Timer (PLS730B1003) for $29.95. I had two persons, an electrician and my
dad, check out the wall switch after seeing that it wasn't working after installing it. We found that it was a defective device and I called to have it replaced.

I was told that 1) it was going to cost me $10.00 because I had pulled the decal off the dial face that simulated the time and 2) it was going to cost me $10.00 additional for postage. I could have bought this type of timer at Home Depot or Lowe's for half the price. I mistakenly thought that this would save me time and money by buying both items at the same time as now I am to go out to buy a replacement for this defective piece of merchandise foisted on me by eHeat.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eHeat/Tomball-Texas-77375/eHeat-Envi-wall-Heaters-Refusal-to-stand-behind-their-product-Tomball-Texas-1000619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eHeat