Complaint Review: eMerchantClub - smcecommerce.com

• Submitted: Fri, February 17, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 17, 2006

• Reported By:Wilson North Carolina
eMerchantClub - smcecommerce.com
996 Flower Glen Street Simi Valley, North Carolina U.S.A.

eMerchantClub - smcecommerce.com ripoff, unauthorized, questionable, Simi Valley North Carolina

I received an e-mail from EMerchantClub stating the following:

Dear
Just a short note to let you know that we were unable to automatically debit your Monthly Hosting Fee from the designated account for the current month. To avoid any disruption of service for your website, please contact eMerchantClub Technical Support at (877) 384-4691 to make a hosting claim and keep your account current and up-to-date. It is requested that you do not send payment via personal check unless you wish to designate that account for automatic recurring billing of your website's hosting fee.

If you have already contacted us with the updated payment information, please disregard this notice.

Sincerely,
Collections Department
eMerchantClub LLC
996 Flower Glen Street
Simi Valley, CA 93065

smcecommerce.com/support.html Live Chat
877-384-4691 Phone
888-201-2680 Fax

I only signed up for the three free months worth of hosting and never gave them my credit card or bank account information. After calling, I was told by the representative that there was nothing that could be done, unless I had proof, and that I would be billed $39.80 fee and if not paid it would be sent to collections.

This is the first e-mail I have received from them since I first received the 3 months free service back in July of 2005. I requested them to remove my personal information from their records immediately, since I never authorized any amounts to be billed to me.

I asked to speak to the head of the company or supervisor and was told the head of the company name was not given out and the supervisor was not available.

Only if I could send proof that I did not authorize this could anything else be done.

I do have a copy of the original email confirmation report that shows I did not provide any payment information, which the rep seem to think would not do any good.

Doris
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2006 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eMerchantClub-smcecommercecom/Simi-Valley-North-Carolina-27893/eMerchantClub-smcecommercecom-ripoff-unauthorized-questionable-Simi-Valley-North-Car-176797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eMerchantClub - smcecommerce.com