Complaint Review: eSellerate - a Digital River Company

• Updated: Mon, March 12, 2012

• Reported By: Alex — Westminster Colorado United States of America
eSellerate - a Digital River Company
826 P Street Suite 300, Lincoln, NE 68 Internet United States of America

eSellerate - a Digital River Company double charged for online transaction, eSellerate incorrectly blamed Wells Fargo, refused to take responsibility, Internet

Telestream (the make of the Mac 'ScreenFlow' software) use eSellerate to manage their web sales. I purchased ScreenFlow and, about 2 weeks later, notice that the vendor had charged me twice. For the record, I am not new to purchasing software and other products online. I would not be so naive and impatient to click 'submit' or 'pay now' twice during the checkout process.

I contacted Telestream, and they suggested that this issue should be escalated with eSellerate. I then contacted eSellerate, and they suggested that I contact my bank, Wells Fargo. I then contacted Wells Fargo and they confirmed that eSellerate had definately charged me twice.

"Jeremy" (technical support rep) told me, via email, that "I am confident without a doubt, having been working here for almost 12 years and processing thousands of orders a day, that we have charged you only once". This is a false statement.

So, now my only recourse is to dispute the payment with the bank. I don't usually perform a post-mortem on my bank statement. Now I'm curious to know how many other unsuspecting customers have been charged twice by eSellerate and haven't noticed.

My advice: don't give these people your credit card number. If you already purchased from them, check your statement carefully.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2012 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eSellerate-a-Digital-River-Company/internet/eSellerate-a-Digital-River-Company-double-charged-for-online-transaction-eSellerate-inc-852460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eSellerate - a Digital River Company