Complaint Review: eTax.com

• Updated: Thu, April 11, 2013

• Reported By: Steve — South Jordan Utah
eTax.com

eTax.com is NOT FREE. Internet

eTax.com is a rip off!  Their advertisement states free Federal Income Tax filing. When you are in the process of entering the information then they ask for your credit card information implying that your signing up for the Deluxe version.  This is a trap.  I entered my info because there was no other options.  I needed to get my taxes filed.  I was charged for the State Tax filing service and their instructions were to print out the State forms and mail them.  I could have done that on my own. I called and asked a representative and her immediate comment (as if she has been asked this 1000 times) was "We are not a free service".  I asked "then why do you advertise free filing?"  Her response was that the service is free to try - if you want to then file your taxes it costs.  What a scam.  Never go to this website or use this service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eTaxcom/internet/eTaxcom-is-NOT-FREE-Internet-1042571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eTax.com