Complaint Review: eTeacher

• Updated: Tue, May 28, 2013

• Reported By: astrodigger — Waco Texas
Internet Israel

eTeacher eteacher is a RIP OFF Internet

I signed up for eTeacher and they kept changing the price of classes, and then I cancelled and returned the head set and they continued to charge my credit card after I told them I cancelled. They refused to refund any money and then even threatened if I didn't pay the balance. I never once signed on to a class. I recited that Texas had a 3 day right to cancel on classes and they said Israel does not accept that and I was stuck to making payments. When they threatened to sue me I reported them to the US Dept of Justice. I don't know who else to report an out of country harassment, do you?

This is their last report:

Hello Breya, May 28, 2013
    This is our final reminder that payment on your account in the amount of 163.06$ was due on June 19, 2013.
    Please note that delaying payments entails additional interest and fines.
    If we do not receive payment at the amount of 163.06$ by May 31, 2013, we will be forced to take legal actions against you.
    For debt settlements please contact us at either of the following numbers: USA & Canada: 1-800-316-3783, 1-646-200-5822,     or inform us of a time and a number on which you would like to be contacted. Or, update the credit card details you would like to be charged to in our     secure billing system.
    If  by the time this message is read by you the debt has been cleared, please disregard it.

Sincerely, Abraham Samuel
eTeacherGroup.com - Online Language Academy USA & Canada: 1-800-316-3783 Worldwide: 1-646-200-5822
Your Student ID: 2147518
NEW! Enter our Online Store and purchase top-quality learning aids, to help you learn on your own.
Facebook | Learn Hebrew iPhone app | Hebrew Newsletters
Advisor ID: 2329467

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2013 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eTeacher/internet/eTeacher-eteacher-is-a-RIP-OFF-Internet-1054524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eTeacher