Complaint Review: eVoice

• Submitted: Sat, December 17, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, December 17, 2011

• Reported By: JPlank01 — Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
eVoice
6922 Hollywood Blvd., 5th Floor Los Angeles, California United States of America

eVoice j2 Global Communications, OneBox, eFax They will hold your number hostage if you try to leave - Los Angeles, California

I have never been so mad that I would actually go online and post a Rip-Off report until now, so please take my advice. I started a business and after evaluating many web based phone systems decided that eVoice would be a good place to start and they seemed more than eager to have me come on board and assuring me that I would be able to change carriers at any time if I grew beyond the plans that they could offer. Well....I just ported my numbers and now they took my local number back stating that they own it and they do not have to abide by the FCC Porting Regulations. On top of this they have charged my credit card $80.00 for my other line that was ported.

Now, since I have a functioning business what am I to do? I cannot let this number go....over 500 of my clients have this number and use it daily. I will be fighting this....and I hope that everyone else does the same that makes this mistake. DO NOT SWITCH TO EVOICE, THEY WILL NEVER LET YOU LEAVE - NOW I HAVE TO UPGRADE FROM A $40.00/month plan to a $199.99 per month plan....they will not win.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2011 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eVoice/Los-Angeles-California-90028/eVoice-j2-Global-Communications-OneBox-eFax-They-will-hold-your-number-hostage-if-you-tr-810664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eVoice