Complaint Review: Earnhardt

• Reported By: ScottyD — Phoenix Arizona
Earnhardt
1521 E Drivers Way Gilbert, Arizona USA

Earnhardt Jeep Gilbert DISHONEST PRICING Gilbert Arizona

*Author of original report: The rest of my report...

FULL OF BULL should be their slogan.

I purchased an RV from Earnhardt's years ago.  It was simple.  I saw what I liked online, the dealer sent me their price, I made a counter offer, the dealer accepted my offer, I came down & signed the papers and drove off.  That's how simple all car buying should be and it has been that way for me on the last three cars I have purchased.

I thought this would be the same.  I ended up on Earnhardts website because of their inventory and then when I saw their advertised prices I thought I'm good to go.

I started my journey with Earnhardt on 2/13, but was not yet ready to purchase.  Mostly wanted to come see if the vehicle I was interested in was what I wanted.  Chad Corr was my initial contact through the web site.  Did a test drive on 2/14 and told Chad I would get back to him in a few weeks when I was ready to purchase.

Chad pinged me again on the 27th to see if I was still interested.  I told Chad that I'm still not ready.

3/17 I'm now ready to make a deal.  The vehicle I did the test drive in has been sold, but they have two duplicates just different colors.  I decide on a silver.  This was what is/was posted on their web site https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj0t038gmp0cqr8/New%202014%20Jeep%20Cherokee%20in%20Gilbert%20_%20New%20Jeep%20SUV%20-%201C4PJMCS2EW184278.pdf.  NOW COMES THE LIE… https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zxui1tfsu4u14z/20140318163922351.pdf

They are adding VEHICHLE THEFT REGISTRATION, VEH. SECURITY SYSTEM, and AUTO BUTLER.  When I tell them I don’t want those things they tell me then they can’t sell it to me for the advertised price.  How can the advertised price be $29,999 if they won’t sell it to me for that much?  I filed a complaint with the Attorney General’s Office and took my business elsewhere.  I would also like to mention that it was difficult to get Chad to respond to my repeated emails and phone messages.

The bottom line is if Earnhardt had not lied in the first place I might have been okay with the REAL price.  I would encourage anyone not do business with them.  They are very dishonest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2014 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Earnhardt/Gilbert-Arizona-85297/Earnhardt-Jeep-Gilbert-DISHONEST-PRICING-Gilbert-Arizona-1132451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Earnhardt

The rest of my report...

AUTHOR: ScottyD - ()

My original report is being cut off, so here is the rest of it...

3/17 I'm now ready to make a deal.  The vehicle I did the test drive in has been sold, but they have two duplicates just different colors.  I decide on a silver.  This was what is/was posted on their web sitehttps://www.dropbox.com/s/xj0t038gmp0cqr8/New%202014%20Jeep%20Cherokee%20in%20Gilbert%20_%20New%20Jeep%20SUV%20-%201C4PJMCS2EW184278.pdf.  NOW COMES THE LIE… https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zxui1tfsu4u14z/20140318163922351.pdf