Complaint Review: Easy Method Driving School

• Updated: Thu, December 26, 2013

• Reported By: sbowman — Arnold Maryland
Easy Method Driving School
8654 Baltimore National Pike Ellicott City, Maryland USA

Easy Method Driving School Easy Method Canceled/Rescheduled driving lesson on us 4 times, holding refund for 30 days without providing any confirmation Ellicott City Maryland

I purchased drivers education course with the 4 behind-the-wheel lessons for my son.  The offering was $50 more expensive than a local competitor but I opt'ed for Easy Method since they offered convenience of providing both the class & the lessons after school, at the school.  Easy Method canceled and rescheduled the behind-the-wheel lessons on us 4 times (one was same day cancelation).  When attempting to reschedule, after-school appointments were no longer available.  We were forced to take appointments during Christmas week or be pushed back another month.  They were completely indifferent to the inconvenience they had caused and unapologetic while quoting (and repeating) their policy of "reserving the right to cancel lesson any time".  When we needed to reschedule one of the Christmas week lessons with 24 hours notice, I was informed that I'd be charged $30 fee.  They refused to waive the fee in spite of the inconveniences they have caused me by canceling 4 times on their end.  They'd rather lose $209 of lesson revenue than waive a $30 fee.  After much frustration, I requested a refund for the 3 remaining lessons so I can take my business elsewhere.  I was then informed that it would be processed in 30 days.  Wait, what?  30 days!!!  I asked if I would receive an email on letter of confirmation for the refund request and was told NO.  So I have to wait 30 days and keep checking my account to make sure they process the refund, all with no documented aknowledgement from them that refund was requested.  No confirmation and holding refund for 30 days before processing.  Is that even legal?  What kind of way is this to run a business?!? I have filed a complaint with BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2013 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Easy-Method-Driving-School/Ellicott-City-Maryland-21043/Easy-Method-Driving-School-Easy-Method-CanceledRescheduled-driving-lesson-on-us-4-times-1110679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Easy Method Driving School