Complaint Review: Easybus and Easyjet, UK

• Updated: Sun, November 06, 2011

• Reported By: Georges — Emmitsburg Maryland United States of America
Easybus and Easyjet, UK
Luton Airport, UK Luton, Select State/Province United States of America

Easybus and Easyjet, UK Easybus refused to provide service and also refused to give a refund Luton, Other

I was on Easyjet flight EZY2432 with my family (party of six) from Paris Charles de Gaulle airport to London Luton airport on the 9th. of July 2011. The flight was supposed to depart at 08:50 from Paris but was late and instead took off at 10:10. When we arrived at Luton, Easybus refused to accept our bus tickets (which was bought at their website site in April 29th, 2011) because we were late. I politely asked to be seated on the next available bus but they refused and told me to go to easyjet's office at the airport. A service personnel at easyjet told me the two companies are different and I should go back to easy bus. I could not believe I was standing at the airport in Luton with four kids and a spouse, holding a ticket which has been paid for in advance but not valid because of no fault of mine. I was so upset with the system. Someone collected the money but did not want to provide the service. This is daylight rubbery.

I went and bought new tickets from greenline at the airport to London Victoria. I do not know the relationship between easyjet and easybus but I know they are both owned by the same person. I reported the case to my credit card company (CITI Bank), but still easy bus refused to give a refund. I also bought a flight insurance on that flight through easyjet. The insurance company will not give any refunds because they said I am not a resident of France. Why did they allow me to buy the insurance in the 1st place since they have my passport information and residential address. I have seen a lot of complaints about easy jet, easy bus and their insurance company on the internet and all the regulatory bodies both in the UK and EU behave as if it is okay for one company to take advantage over their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2011 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Easybus-and-Easyjet-UK/Luton-Select-StateProvince-/Easybus-and-Easyjet-UK-Easybus-refused-to-provide-service-and-also-refused-to-give-a-ref-795614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Easybus and Easyjet, UK