Complaint Review: ebates

• Submitted: Wed, August 08, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, August 08, 2012

• Reported By: lucky-lynn — CORALVILLE Iowa United States of America
ebates

ebates Ebates erased my tracking tickets and cashback history of my recent order , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: I'd like to assist you with this issue

I made a purchase by clicking through Ebates to Adorama.com in May 2012, the total cash back was $92.05. I received the cash back shortly after my purchase. But recently I logged in my account and noticed that the $92.05 cash back was gone!!! I check the tracking tickets, everything was erased before June, 2012. Ebates only erased that particular transaction in my account since it's a large amount.

I contacted the Ebates customer and only got the response that without the tracking tickets, they couldn't give me any information about my cash back. But they erase my tracking tickets?!!! I did keep a copy of the tracking tickets as I saved a screen snippet of the actual webpage that showed my tracking ticket when I clicked through Ebates. I attached that file to show the evidence and sent it to the Ebates customer service, but they just ignored me and tried to get out of the obligation to pay me.

I'm a very loyal Ebates user and I've been using Ebates for 2 years, everything was fine until now that I made a big purchase (a dslr camera) which I will be rewarded a large amount of cash back ($92.05).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2012 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ebates/internet/ebates-Ebates-erased-my-tracking-tickets-and-cashback-history-of-my-recent-order-Intern-924310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ebates

I'd like to assist you with this issue

AUTHOR: Dylan - (U.S.A.)

Dear Lucky Lynn,

I am sorry to hear about this trouble that you experienced.  I'm almost certain that I can resolve the matter for you.   Please send me a message at this email address:  facebookhelp at Ebates.com  .  This is the email address we use to help members on our Facebook wall and on forums like this.  Your email will allow me to find your Ebates account and your messages to our Customer Care team.

It is true that we can only store Tracking Tickets for the current month, and the two months prior.  This means that Tracking Tickets from May have recently been purged.  However, I can still help you.

Please keep in mind that orders are reported to us by our stores.  If an order was removed from your account, this was also reported to us by one of our stores, and not a decision made by Ebates.  However, I am here to help.  I look forward to your message.

Sincerely,