Complaint Review: Ebates

• Updated: Fri, June 29, 2012

• Reported By: Doug H. — Stony Point New York United States of America
Ebates
San Francisco, California United States of America

Ebates Ebates Refuses to Pay Up Despite Verifying I Made the Purchase San Francisco, California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Glad that we could resolve this for you

*Author of original report: Ebates Is Full of Crap

*UPDATE Employee: Ebates.com would love to assist you

Last year I made three seperate purchases from Tire Rack using Ebates' website link. I was supposed to get back a certain percentage back from them creditied to my Ebates account. Well, two of them posted and I was missing one from one order than should have been around $70.00. I confirmed with Ebates that the purchases were made and that I wasuspposed to have gotten credit for them from Ebates. However, Ebates claims the money went to another website by mistake and they will not credit my account the missing money. However, I spoke to Tire Rack's corporate office and they stated that Ebates WAS PAID the money and they confirmed this with the transaction number from the order. Ebates keeps saying they have not received the money and will do nothing to help me. They stated "go pound salt" and we are not doing anything about it. Ebates has essentially stolen the $70.00 and will not give it back, according to Tire Rack corporate offices. who confirmed several times that they have received it.

Crooks... Stay Away From Ebates!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2012 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ebates/San-Francisco-California-/Ebates-Ebates-Refuses-to-Pay-Up-Despite-Verifying-I-Made-the-Purchase-San-Francisco-Cali-903614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ebates

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Glad that we could resolve this for you

AUTHOR: Dylan - (U.S.A.)

We are glad to have sent you over $585 in the past the past 10 years.  We would hate to lose you after 10 years of membership.  Today, I have made sure that the missing order is now in your Ebates.com account.  I will also send you an email so that you have my personal contact information, in case you run into any problems in the future.

Ebates Is Full of Crap

AUTHOR: Doug H. - (United States of America)

Here is my last correspondence with the useless Ebates staff, one of many, who could care less about my issue. Their wording below is the actual email that I got in my fight for them to do the right thing since last September when I made the purchases. I have been fighting over this for close to a year now.

I have all their e-mail responses and they are caught lying in many of them. They first claim to not be able to find the purchases; they then try to claim I never made them; they then claim they can't open my PDFs showing the purchases and then quote from them in their reply. Absolute morons.

Just another unhappy Ebates user among millions more...

Dear Savvy Shopper,

Thank you for your patience. After researching your order, it has been determined by the merchant that it was not credited to the Ebates shopping program. The order was credited to another affiliate site, not Ebates. As a result, Cash Back cannot be awarded. We realize this is a disappointing outcome, we too would have liked to have earned credit for this order. We hope that your next purchase will be credited to Ebates without an issue.

We deeply apologize for any misunderstanding.

Sincerely,

Thomas Customer Care Ebates

Spread the word! Earn $5 by referring a friend! https://www.ebates.com/referral/default.htm

--Original Message-- From: dh21187@verizon.net Date: 1/25/2012 1:20:09 PM To: customercarereply@ebates.com Subject: RE: Where's My Cash Back? [#274478]

Ebates.com would love to assist you

AUTHOR: Dylan - (U.S.A.)

Dear Doug,

I oversee the Ebates Customer Care team, and I would like to look into this matter to see what went wrong.  I'm very sorry to hear that you had this experience.  Since I don't know your full name or email address, I don't have enough information.  Please send me an email at facebookhelp at ebates.com if you wish to have this resolved.  This is an email address that we use for forum help and help on our Facebook wall.

We truly look forward to fixing this for you.

Sincerely,