ED Magedson – Founder
ebay buyer thomassmith19622013Internet USA
ebay buyer thomassmith19622013 Thomas Smith multiple ripoffs of eBay sellers, lies, cheats, wants discount Greensboro NC Internet
Once an eBay purchased has been received Thomas Smith will send a complaint to the seller stating item was not in the same condition as stated (INR) He then will make very veiled threats and suggestions that he receive a discount. If seller does not acquiesce he completely flies off the handle and sends inflamnatory messages thru eBay.
If you check the feedback he has left for others you will see comments like "thanks for the help" that is code for "glad I got you to paractically GIVE me the item for free" I reached out to many of the eBay sellers who received this type of comment from him and sure enough he had done exactly the same to them. Here are some comments from other sellers who had the misfortune to transact with him:
1. "Yes he is scamming. He originally sent me a nasty communication. I stayed businesslike and over the next several days we reached an agreement. I gave him a partial refund because it was the easy way out. As soon as I got the first email from him I told my wife he was looking for money back. If you contact me tomorrow I may be able to find the original messages in the deleted. I'm sure ebay can find them. Right now I am finishing up some auctions but I can work on it further tomorrow if you wish."
2. 'Hi, yes he sent me a long heated message that the tin was "misleadingly" not as described.
Even questioned our integrity As sellers. To resolve this we agreed to his Request/demand for a partial refund. Regards,"
3. "Hi. Yes, I believe that this buyer does it all of the time. I sold him a XXXX for about $XXXX. Not long ago, this XXXX sold for quite a bit more. Anyway, he sent me a rude, angry email (so rude I was taken aback) accusing me of knowingly selling him this item that did not work correctly. I told him to send me the item back for a full refund and that of course, I didn't knowingly sell it that way. I had no knowledge that the nodder was not nodding correctly and was very angry that he should accuse me of a wrongdoing. Anyway, he then sent me another rude email asking for a refund of $XXXX and that he would keep the item. At first, I thought, Oh Really!! you want to get your money back and keep the item for just about nothing. But then, I just wanted to end the transaction with this very rude unprofessional buyer so I just gave him a full refund without getting the item back. After reading your email last night, I started looking further into the feedback he left for other people and it seems that there are many others that he probably did this too. One of the sellers that he left a negative feedback for also left a comment about a web site called Ripoffreport.com. where others had left comments about him. Well, I then went to it and found 3 bad comments about him. So, I totally agree with you but doubt Ebay will do anything about him. Good luck! I have him blocked from ever buying anything from me again. Sincerely, XXX
4. Mr. Thomas Smith is a classic Narcissistic Personality. I found this sack of garbage on ebay. He trolls ebay looking for his self centered need to buy early advertising items. Sadly he found me. Mr. Smith contacted me several times using ebay's messaging vehicle and beat me up on price. Even asked me to put a $10 bill into the box with the item so he could feel like he won. I shipped the item and the fun and games ensued. Immediate buyers remorse and then lectures about the condition of the item and insult after insult cast upon me with simutaneous comments about his proclaimed expertsise in this field.
This garbage bag then decides to set up a complaint against me on ebay and of course paypal holds my money in limbo land. After I agreed to refund his money, he sends me a soft hearted con artist message of apology so he can take his narcissist ways to the limit.
I do the right thing and refund his money and then blabber mouth leaves me vile negative feebback. His need for control has been completed. Probably gets off on this.
Bottom line stay away from this clown, he is a bad seed, bad apple and a low life piece of trash.
If you deal in antique advertising do yourself a favor stay away from this garbage bag at all cost. He is trouble.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I will be calling eBay this week to report him and provide documentation of his habits. If you are an eBay seller who has also experiened a negative transaction with this buyer please use the "report this buyer" button on eBay.
Public records show this buyer is Thomas F. Smith, a.k.a. Frankie Smith, current address from public records is 1513 18th street Greensboro NC 27405. Public records provide his contact telephone number as 336-375-1961. Public records gave is birthdate as August 1962.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2014 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ebay-buyer-thomassmith19622013/internet/ebay-buyer-thomassmith19622013-Thomas-Smith-multiple-ripoffs-of-eBay-sellers-lies-cheat-1160371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.