Complaint Review: ebay

• Submitted: Wed, March 07, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, March 08, 2012

• Reported By: Scumbaghater — Crawfordsville Indiana U.S.A.
ebay

ebay Ebay not strict enough on sellers who send stinking itesm Internet

*Consumer Comment: How does ebay know who smokes or not?

*Author of original report: Decided not to persue this any further

*Consumer Comment: Did you follow ebay's dispute procedures?

Why can't ebay lay down stricter guidelines when sellers send items that reek of cigarette smoke?  A parcel refund should be required when an ebay seller lies to a buyer who isnt required to return the item.

Anymore, I ask if the item is from a smoke free environment and that the packing material is smoke free too.  Well, this seller told me he didn't smell any smoke.  The ebay seller called krazed_kayaker_805 is a filthy liar.   I'm really getting sick of being lied to about items and packing not reeking of cigarette smoke.

When I got my item, not only did I smell this filthy cigarette smoke on the item itself, but the packing material reeked of cigarette smoke as well.  He claims he has never smoked so this fool should have been able to smell what I smelled.  I will definitely keep this liars information so I make sure I don't buy from him again.  I was reluctant anyhow because of his rating.  But, this liar got lucky since the item is so rare.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2012 06:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ebay/internet/ebay-Ebay-not-strict-enough-on-sellers-who-send-stinking-itesm-Internet-849898. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ebay

How does ebay know who smokes or not?

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

What do you mean by a "partial" refund? How does ebay know how to determine how much less an item is worth that smells like cigarettes according to YOU? Either return it for a full refund or learn to live with the smell. Do you think that ebay has some kind of smoke detector at every sellers location and every item sent buy a seller has to go through this special ebay smoke detector before a seller can ship it or ebay is liable for a partial refund because you are a fanatic? Are you freaking serous???????

Decided not to persue this any further

AUTHOR: Scumbaghater - (U.S.A.)

To answer your question, I did tell the seller about the packing reeking of cigarette smoke after he lied to me.  But, since the filthy odor was transferred from the packing to the item I decided not to pursue this any further.

I put the item in a plastic bag yesterday with a paper towel sprayed with Fabreze and the odor was barely noticeable. So I think a few more days in the bag with the paper towel sprayed with Fabreze will completely get rid of the odor.  The item never appeared to be in a smoky environment, because it would have still reeked of cigarette smoke when I checked it today, despite the Fabreze and there would have been nasty black stuff here and there on the item as well in places that would be hard to clean.

However, I blame ebay for their relaxed guidelines.  I'm not the only one that complains about cigarette smoked filled items and I won't be the last.  It may not bother a smoker, which I use to be one, but now that I don't smoke anymore it is downright disgusting.  I hope my complaint at least send a message to these sellers to tell buyers that an item does smell of cigarette smoke and not lie when asked.

Sometimes, I will bid on items whether they have cigarette smoke on them or not such as a Windows Vista installation disk and not ask or even complain.  Other items I really get pissed, especially when I asked and am lied to.

So I hope smokers or even non smokers will become more aware that a lot of ebay buyers don't like there items smelling like filthy cigarette smoke.

Did you follow ebay's dispute procedures?

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Never mind whatever the seller told you before shipping. Since you received the item, did you open a proper dispute with the seller through ebay?

Did you write the seller through ebay stating the problem and what you desire as the solution?

You certainly shouldn't be posting about it here if this wasn't done.

This seller, with a rating below 99% positive, cannot afford a 1 star feedback from anyone and I would think would be open to working this out with you.

If he's proven, not willing, have you left your feedback and rating yet, and/or did you go higher to ebay with your issue?

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC