Complaint Review: ebay

• Submitted: Sat, April 16, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, April 16, 2011

• Reported By: Valerie — Palm Desert California U.S.A.
ebay
2145 Hamilton Ave, San Jose, California 95125 Internet United States of America

ebay ebay, inc. Ebay fraud - my item did not show up on a search, less than 30 viewers in 7 days, suspicious buyer claims to return after winning the low bid, item not returned, paypal account charged. Internet

I listed a bracelet for sale on ebay, but it never showed up when I did a search. After a few days the ebay agent told me to change categories, but the "indexing" (changing categories) would keep it from being posted for 24 hours. I tried to search for my item again, days later, and since it still didn't appear, I assumed no one would see or bid on it. After 7 days, a bidder came in at the last minute and bid the minimum, so I waited for a payment. I found out then the bidder has 4 days to pay. I was also quite shocked that only 29 people had seen my item, especially considering that ebay is a widely used international site! Scam alert!
After the payment was made, I shipped the item and spent extra for insurance. The buyer received the bracelet, but said he would return it because the color of the gemstones weren't exactly what he had thought. But I had posted a photo, and also described the color as lavender, which it was. Then ebay decides to refund his purchase price, keep the $25 I paid as a selling fee, plus the $8 paypal transaction fee! The buyer never presented any solid evidence to support his claim - no photos or appraisal - but ebay accepted his claim anyway. Now that person claims he sent the item back, I never received anything back, but I am being charged, and ebay tells me to go to the post office if I have a complaint! It is the resonsibility of the shipping party to insure a shipment, but ebay now expects me to be responsible? It is a scam, pure and simple!
Don't do business on ebay. They will find a way to steal from you.
If anyone has a solution, please send the info here. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2011 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ebay/internet/ebay-ebay-inc-Ebay-fraud-my-item-did-not-show-up-on-a-search-less-than-30-viewers-in-718537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ebay