Complaint Review: ebay.com

• Reported By: stardutchess21 — Castaci California USA
ebay.com
San Jose, California Internet United States of America

ebay.com Phone Support Failure Internet

*Author of original report: Supervisor Failure / More Information about PayPal Scam

Ebay has been holding my money for up to 2 weeks or more for legitamate sales. Today I asked to get back shipping money for an international sale, it was only $40 of my total sale of $86. The gentleman that answered said he couldnt do that I had to wait at least 90 days from my first sale of the odds and ends around my house before they would release money from buyers. They will hold it for 3-4 days after confirmed delivery. Meaning if the customer doesn't pick up the item, then I don't get any money for weeks. As it is, I usually wait more than a week to get a penny for my items. They said they are allowed to put me on 90 probation for holding money to protect themselves and their buyers. So I ship items, wait for customers to pickup items, then wait 3 more days for them to break it or use it then ebay will release my money. Usually 2 weeks after a sale.

I am furiious since I have had 100% positive feedback, I am 2 weeks to 90 days of having them hold all money and I asked for the $40 back for a international shipping so I could pay my phone bill to get my phone turned back on since I am so far below the poverty line I depend on ebay for survival. The lady could care less. She told me to call her back with the item number. I told her are you not looking at my account, and she was a supervisor! So I told her no, It is the item I got feedback for last night, do you not see the item number. She was rude, didnt even want to look at my feedback or my items. She said I only had 3 sales that she could see and the shipping was $1, I said no the international shipment and she said the only one was a shipping price of $76, I said NO the one from August, she said there was none that she could see. What! August she cant see the shipment. What kind of workers are working, I think that there are a million unemployed people that would help me and why is someone like her working and having a job. So lazy and collecting and income!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2012 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ebaycom/internet/ebaycom-Phone-Support-Failure-Internet-938209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ebay.com

Supervisor Failure / More Information about PayPal Scam

AUTHOR: stardutchess21 - (USA)

Well since PayPal is the favorite way to pay for Buyers, the sellers are basically left with whatever PayPal and eBay do. So, when ebay said it is up to PayPal, and since ebay is PayPal, then they just change and run the show. Today I found out that International Sales don't count, I guess I didn't read the fine print of the selling rules and policies. So they hold my money for 21 days, for 90 days and now I have to also have 25 sales and $250 in sales before having my money release instantly when buyers pay. So, here is what happened, I talked to a supervisor since my 90 days is almost up and I've have near 650 in sales and 100% positive feedback on my 22 sales. I was told my money would be released on the 15th and I would no longer have to have a 21 day hold since I met all 3 of the rules to get money when buyers pay. But wait, then today for the first time the supervisor told me that the other supervisor was wrong, and the customer service rep wouldn't even bother to look up my sales she wanted a item number to do that. And when I told the supervisor today that the other supervisor said my probation was over, she said the supervisor made a mistake and that I have to wait til I have 25 sales. And then told me they had to be Domestic sales, first time I heard that! Since I am selling cameras and electronics, getting american sales is hard, I have them but I have a few International ones that made my account closer to being off probation. She said ebay does it to all sellers not just me, all sellers have a 21 day hold on their money after buyers pay!! How unfair is that, 90 days is outragous, 25 sales is nuts and holding money that isn't theirs so they dont have to use seller protection insurance they offer is wrong.