Complaint Review: EBI A Biomet Company

• Updated: Sat, August 22, 2009

• Reported By: Kim — Tidewater Virginia USA
EBI A Biomet Company
100 Interspace Parkway Parsippany, New Jersey United States of America

EBI A Biomet Company This company overcharges you and your insurance company. Franklin, Virginia

My son broke his collar bone in March. The hospital gave him a sling and clavicle splint that night. The next day when we went to see the specialist, they determined the splint was too small. He issued us a new splint. I signed a paper stating that I would be billed from EBI. I thought nothing of signing for this since I assumed it was going to be paid from my insurance. When I signed agreeing to purchase this item from EBI, I received a copy of the paperwork. On the back of the pink sheet from EBI, it list a price sheet for various products. The clavicle splint is showing as $69 with an estimated co-insurance of $14. ($69 is almost three times what I could get the item for at other places).

Fast forward to May, I receive an explanation of benefits from Blue Cross showing they were billed $137.09. They show eligible charges as $67.12 and it also says they have agreed to accept eligible charge as full payment per the contract with Blue Cross. Blue Cross applied this to my deductible so EBI got nothing from them. In June, I receive the bill from EBI and almost paid the $137.09 before realizing that I don't owe them this amount. I called and told them that my Blue Cross statement says I only owe you the $67.12. They claim they didn't receive that and that I have to fax them everything to get this straight. Later, I am telling a friend what happened and she tells me they did this to her several years ago for a foot brace. They billed her more than the insurance said they were allowed to. They are overcharging the insurance to begin with and then trying to collect more from the customers hoping they won't realize what is going on.

AVOID this company if possible. You can buy these same items from other sources for A LOT LESS! I could have purchased the item from the internet and had it express shipped in one day for less money than they are trying to charge me. BEWARE of their scams!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2009 08:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EBI-A-Biomet-Company/Parsippany-New-Jersey-07054/EBI-A-Biomet-Company-This-company-overcharges-you-and-your-insurance-company-Franklin-V-484052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EBI A Biomet Company