Complaint Review: ecdata (Emmy Chelson)

• Submitted: Fri, January 27, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, January 27, 2012

• Reported By: New York United States of America
ecdata (Emmy Chelson)
Greenville, South Carolina United States of America

ecdata ,Emmy Chelson, **Refuses to pay for completed work** Greenville, South Carolina

I was a newcomer to Elance and started doing some jobs for ecdata (Emmy Chelson). Initially it was very smooth; good communication, positive feedback, quick payments, etc.

After the initial job, she contacted me about doing more work, which I accepted.

However, I completed a job on Jan. 8th and still have not been paid.

I sent two reminder postings about paying the invoice, and still did not hear anything. I even sent a message asking when this would be paid.

A few days later she responded with a message that she was leaving elance and would pay via paypal. Again, no response in terms of feedback. So, just because you feel like deleting your elance account means you do not have to pay those who have completed work for you??

I filed a dispute with elance, however because timetracker or the webviewer was not used, they can not complete the claim. I got paid PER AUDIO HOUR, NOT the amount of time it took me to do her files, therefore, see no need for the timetracker/webviewer to be enabled. One can simply look back through the messages and see the work was completed and submitted, as well as verify that she acknowledges she owes money.

I am quite disgusted with not only the contractor, ecdata, but also with how Elance runs their business.

She knows she is in the wrong and thinks it is perfectly okay not to pay for work that was done for her.

Fortunately I am not out thousands of dollars as it appears some of you are, but I wasted a lot of my time doing work, which I expected to be paid for. I have much better things I can/could have been doing instead of doing your dirty work, so you (ecdata) can get paid, while not paying those who do the work for you.

Although she says she is leaving Elance, be sure to do your research and avoid working for her at all costs. I would also avoiding doing work with Elance as they are no help either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2012 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ecdata-Emmy-Chelson/Greenville-South-Carolina-/ecdata-Emmy-Chelson-Refuses-to-pay-for-completed-work-Greenville-South-Carolin-829929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ecdata (Emmy Chelson)