Complaint Review: ecmc

• Submitted: Mon, February 17, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, February 18, 2014

• Reported By: poor and abused — bethany Oklahoma
st paul, Minnesota USA

ecmc's collection company,ecmc lied and took my 5760 dollar refund anyways st paul Minnesota

I fell on hard times in 2011. My student loan was in good standing’s.I called my student loan company Nelnet. For a deferment (i had 2 years worth still) and was denied. I was screamed at by the lady about not being reasonable. I ended up divorced, unemployed and homeless. I went back to Oregon, but everything fell though there too. I ended up living in a tent in Wallace marine park in Salem Oregon all of 2012. It wasn't a drug, mental or alcohol problem. A  victim of circumstance. With no drug, mental or alcohol problem, I fell outside of all help. I couldn’t find work, no high school diploma or car made it almost impossible. I did get my g.e.d with the help of Oregon Worksource. My homeless girlfriend got pregnant. So we moved back to Oklahoma City.

With in two months I had a job and a place to live. My ex gave me all my old mail in December of 2013. In there was a letters from Ecmc. My loan had defaulted. They had turned it over to their collection company FMS. At the time i was struggling to make ends meet. But I wanted to make it right and called them on my own. I was sent paper work from Amber Shiflett at their consolidation department 1-855-874-6071 ext: 5977. She said they would get a lender to buy out my student loan. Fixing my credit. But in the fine print I would pay back 26 grand (144 payments of 125 a month) for a loan that was 8 grand loan before in went into default. She told things were even good enough I could file my taxes and get them back. So I did and they Ecmc still took it. Even thought they turned it over to FMS. So i called FMS. They said she (Amber) had no right to tell me I could file my taxes. My $5760 was being applied to what was owned. I use that money to catch up my bills.

I'm being over charge for my car (2002 Saturn base $15,000, 350 month) cause they trashed my credit.I work 60 hours a week and still can't get ahead. I don't have two nickels to rub together. I'm a father of two, a 7months old and a 10year old. Every day i get up its for them not me.This isn't right, raping the poor so they can get their bonuses. This is why people crack and shot up business . Glad I’m not one of those people. I guess I’ll take my gaping rear and keeping moving forward in hope of a brighter further. And companies like this get there just dues. Shame on Obama for turn a blind eye.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2014 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ecmc/st-paul-Minnesota-55116/ecmcs-collection-companyecmc-lied-and-took-my-5760-dollar-refund-anyways-st-paul-Minnes-1124257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ecmc