Complaint Review: Econ Solar, The Gutter Magician Group

• Submitted: Sat, February 04, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, January 13, 2013

• Reported By: Glenn — Louisville Kentucky Virgin Islands (US)
Econ Solar, The Gutter Magician Group
11481 Blankenbaker Access Dr. Stuite 104 Louisville, Kentucky United States of America

Econ Solar, The Gutter Magician Group Do NOT trust this company I've had my panels for about a year now and they have Severely over-promised what their "energy savings package" can do. Plus at about 20 grand for 6 150 watt solar panels, t Louisville, Kentucky

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Worst Christmas Ever because of Mr. Stoffey and his GOONS!!!

*General Comment: Concerned

Do NOT trust this company I've had my panels for about a year now and they have Severely over-promised what their "energy savings package" can do. Plus at about 20 grand for 6 150 watt solar panels, this was not an easily forgotten mistake.
They are one of those companies that say, "You'll get these for half off, today ONLY." After they've taken you through an emotional roller coaster of how badly we need solar. Which I agree that we do, however, we don't need crooks leading the movement.
Do yourself and your family a favor and don't answer the phone we this company calls and for heavens sake DO NOT LET THEM INTO YOUR HOME!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2012 03:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Econ-Solar-The-Gutter-Magician-Group/Louisville-Kentucky-40299/Econ-Solar-The-Gutter-Magician-Group-Do-NOT-trust-this-company-Ive-had-my-panels-for-ab-833765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Econ Solar, The Gutter Magician Group

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Worst Christmas Ever because of Mr. Stoffey and his GOONS!!!

AUTHOR: chasenafta - (United States of America)

In our first year as a married couple, and just before our first Christmas together as a family, my wife and I were excited about my new job at (above) Mr. Stoffey's establishment in Allentown, PA. Known by several different names (EconSolar, Gutter Magician, Green Echo Solutions and More).  After training, I worked for this company for 3 weeks, drove all around PA and when I realized and saw the corruption first hand (and how they keep a revolving door of employees so they can make sales without paying their employees) ...as well as the way they instructed us to deal with their customers!  ...I kindly submitted my two weeks notice.

They USED me day after day for that entire two weeks to follow... and even though I made them a HUGE SALE (to a poor widowed woman) which was worth about $38,000, they STILL illegally denied me my paychecks ($800 value) AND they denied me the promised/agreed upon $4,000 in commissions earned!  They also cursed me out on the phone (a phone call which I currently have recorded clear as crystal) They ROBBED all the money from my other sales as well.

This company is truly corrupt!  I would never go to these people for anything ever again.  They are ROBBING people from both sides of the equation.  Both customers AND employees and it works very, very well for them because they are still doing business!!!  They just change their name and get a new phone number every once in awhile.  (Either that, or they have call ID and keep a list of those whom they have victimized so that they don't answer their phone)

They are malicious, shameless, spineless and manipulative.  They are also VERY abusive and unethical to their employees.  I was not surprised in the least to have found a report about them on RIPOFF REPORT.  They are VERY dangerous!

Thanks to this company I have now experienced the absolute WORST Christmas ever because I was unable to present ANY of my family members with presents on Christmas day due to these JERKS!

Again, I have everything on record and I pray this post helps someone out there to file an official claim.  If you are out there and you are going to file a class action suit against them... I WANT IN!

#2 General Comment

Concerned

AUTHOR: Joseph stoffey - (U.S.A.)

Dear Consumer

I apologize if you have not saved the energy pledge promised.  Can you please contact us and have at least one years set of energy bills handy and send us a copy to review.  We have numerous customers who are savings 50% and we have documneted proof of this.  I cannot pull your file as I do not have your name.  PLEASE contact us so we can resolve your issues.