Complaint Review: Econo Lodge

• Updated: Sat, August 03, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Saint Louis Missouri
Econo Lodge
1806 Bittle Place Marion, IL 62959 Marion, Illinois USA

Econo Lodge Hotel, Ripoff, Refund, Dirty, Health Hazard, Rude, Scam Marion Illinois

Do not stay at this establishment.

Read what you are signing - I was promised Wi-Fi was available thru the property. It did not work. It was blamed on my computer anda router problem by one employee. I have a brand new HP and everywhere else I have stayed on my trip have had absolutely no problems whatsoever).

Another employee says they only advertise it as working in the lobby. I specifically asked when I checked in if Wi-fi was available and had also called prior to arrival.

The carpets are torn. There is no AC in the halls. By the elevators (which Im glad I did not have to go in) had an industrial fan by some old end tables and assorted bedsheets/bed linens (this is in the main hall!)

My room had just been "cleaned" and smelled like horrible lemon cleaner. I turned on the fan which got rid of that odor only to have it start smelling like urine.

When I asked for a refund hidden in the pet and smoking policies is one sentence that says if you are in your room more than 10 minutes there is norefund. I paid almost 160 dollars to sit on the bed and try to get internet before asking for a refund.

Do your research - read the reviews and how disgusting this place is. The management is rude, intimidating and deceiptful. Never, ever would I stay hereagain and I recommend you don't do the same. Shady business practices and a health hazard.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2013 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Econo-Lodge/Marion-Illinois-62959/Econo-Lodge-Hotel-Ripoff-Refund-Dirty-Health-Hazard-Rude-Scam-Marion-Illinois-1072814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Econo Lodge