Complaint Review: econo lodge

• Submitted: Tue, March 28, 2000
  • Updated: Tue, March 28, 2000

• Reported By:alamogordo nm
econo lodge
1120 highway 180 n.e. silver city, New Mexico U.S.A.
  • Phone: 505-534-1111
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

rotten banana flavored coffee

i accompanied a friend to silver city, nm on march 15 of this year. since we had to spend the night, we chose the econo logde on their main street. when we entered the room, the bathroom had not been cleaned at all. (broken soap, dirty towels, etc.) they gave us a different room. each room had in room coffee. my friend had stayed up late, so in the morning i got queitly up and with only turning on minamal lights, i made a pot of coffee. it tasted alittle strange but i thought it was just the water. i drank one and ahalf cups and my friend had ahalf cup. i went down to the front desk to get more coffee. now with all the lights on, i started to make a fresh pot of coffee. i was horrified to find a banana in the water receptacle in the back.

needless to say, i was finished drinking coffee. i reported this to the front desk, and she said it was probably some kids, who had stayed in the room. i told her that did not make me feel better. we had paid for the room in cash. upon returning home, i contacted econo lodge on the internet with my complaint. four days later,i received a call from the lodge in silver city. she told me her boss would only refund ten percent or 4.80. i told her i felt i should at the very least receive a full refund. she checked with the boss and called me back with, 'well that's all he will do."

i then called econo lodge on the 21st of march, after reading my complanit, she told me it was privatly owned and without them, they would be nowhere, so they would have to stand behind the owner.

this was extremly upsetting to me, because for not only the thought of drinking that, i am less than a year from having mouth cancer, (surgery and radiation) and watch what i put in my mouth. any help or direction in this will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/econo-lodge/silver-city-New-Mexico-88061/rotten-banana-flavored-coffee-1744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on econo lodge