Complaint Review: economycarrentals.com

• Submitted: Sat, August 25, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, September 08, 2012

• Reported By: nasser al nasseri — abu dhabi Other United Arab Emirates
economycarrentals.com

economycarrentals.com Did not even commit to go back and fix the problem , Internet

*Author of original report: Problem Solved

I faced 3 problems when picking up my car from Ataturk Airport in Istanbul, Turkey:
1- The rental car company representative was supposed to wait for me at the waiting point in Ataturk airport/Turkey by the Vodafone, unfortunately no one was there and I hustled to find his number and call, this lead to 1 hour delay just sitting in the airport waiting for him.
2- Because I was delayed at the airport, I missed the scheduled ferry @ 8:30 from Istanbul to Bursa, I had to wait 1 more hour to 9:30 for another ferry from Istanbul to Yalova which is more than 1 hour away from Bursa.
3- My reservation was for a VW passat or similar car.  I was completely shucked when I found out that the rental car company brought a Hyundai (compact size) car instead? when I asked they told me it was the only car available! and to compensate me for this they would reduce the rent by 3 Euros?!?! when I asked the rental car company representatives about my options he said there are none!

When I complained to the company, they basically wrote the following:

"Dear Mr Nasser Alnaseri, We regret to read of the inconvenience you faced locally by our partner. Due to high season demands delays may arise.The companies always guarantee the car group with its specifications and not a specific model as it depends on the availability. Our partners offer a number of models at the requested car group and Circular car rentals also provides Hunday Sonata in the reserved category.Once again we are sorry of the inconvenience you faced on the pick up day but we will informour partner of your case to avoid such problems in the future.
Best Regards
Maria Tzorbatzaki"

This is completely unprofessional to justify under-performance from what so called "partner" rather than fixing the problem!!! I feel ripped off...!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2012 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/economycarrentalscom/internet/economycarrentalscom-Did-not-even-commit-to-go-back-and-fix-the-problem-Internet-932552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on economycarrentals.com

Problem Solved

AUTHOR: nasser al nasseri - (United Arab Emirates)

The company Economycarrentals.com contacted me and refunded the difference between the car types.  they were responsive to my complaint and made sure that I get a fair refund for the issues I faced with the local rental company.