Complaint Review: EcoQuest International

• Submitted: Thu, October 18, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, October 18, 2007

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
EcoQuest International
310 T. Elmer Cox Drive Greeneville, Tennessee U.S.A.

EcoQuest International Misled return policy Greeneville Tennessee

I am perfectly aware that investing in a business is risky and you should not expect a money back guarantee. I tried very hard to make this business a success and worked on it every day. I even put up with receiving 5 to 10 emails a day from my upline about Fresh Air units flying out the door from other dealers sales. After a while, I got tired of seeing these useless emails. They certainly did not help me, but made me feel like I was a failure. I thought about buying leads but at $4 to $5 each but having to buy them in certain amounts, I decided this may not be what I was looking for. As I was only able to sell 2 of the 5 units from my success pack and after careful consideration, I decided not to be an independent dealer for Ecoquest. I was told I needed to fax my resignation in before they would tell me about the return of the new, unused units. However; I was quite surprised to learn what Ecoquest told me when I did resign my dealership.

I resigned, and Ecoquest promptly contacted me by phone to tell me their return policy. First there is a 30% depreciation fee (the units are less than a year old); then a 15% resocking fee(I did not ask if it was for each unit). If that was not bad enough, I had to reimburse them for the cost of the free shipping when I bought the success pack, plus I have to pay to have the 3 units shipped back to them. Remember, I did sell 2 of the 5 units. No wonder my former upline told me to try and sell them on my own.

Now, I don't mind the fact the Ecoquest is in the business to make money, but if I send these units back at a considerable loss, I wonder what happens to them. I can only guess that once they are inspected, they will be put back into inventory and "sold" in another success pack or individually to a new or existing independent dealer at the original cost. No wonder Ecoquest is worth millions and millions of dollars.

Thanks for listening to me. Once again, I know there is no free ride when starting a new business, but gee whiz!

Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2007 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EcoQuest-International/Greeneville-Tennessee-37743/EcoQuest-International-Misled-return-policy-Greeneville-Tennessee-279524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EcoQuest International