Complaint Review: eCowhides

• Updated: Mon, December 09, 2013

• Reported By: Diane — Melbourne, Australia Other
eCowhides
19500 West Dixie Highway, Suite 4069, Aventura, FL Aventura, Florida USA

eCowhides eCowhides.com terrible customer service, rug received was not what I ordered - company would not refund Aventura Florida

Ordered a cowhide online and received a totally different rug (wasn't due to colour differences on the photo/computer) - the pattern and colours were totally different. On the website, ecowhides states that you will receive the rug pictured so I wasn't expecting something different. I wanted a refund from ecowhides including the postage (which was AUD$70) since I didn't want to be out of pocket for something that was the company's fault. Contacted ecowhide via email and phone on numerous occasions to explain the situation. Via email, a lady called Deborah sends you a link for returns. I explained to her that I didn't just want a return, I wanted her to give me a full refund of the rug (without the restocking fees) plus postage (the original postage and mine to send back to ecowhides). All Deborah did was to keep sending the link for returns - no explanations - just follow the link. She ignored all my comments regarding what I wanted to do. So I gave them a call (in the middle of the night in Australia to match US times) - customer service on the phone was 'sorry' for the mistake and said would pass my information to the manager/in charge person who would call me back. Guess what I got? An email with a link from Deborah. After about 6 days of this back and forth, Deborah emailed me and asked 'May I know what you have received?'. This is after numerous emails and calls from me, including pictures of what I ordered and what I received! I sent an email again - attaching all the pictures and all the information including the order number. Deborah replied and attached the tracking form (to show the rug had been delivered)....omg.... I had paid via paypal so in the end I lodged a dispute through paypal. I got a refund of the rug and original postage through paypal but I had to send the rug back at my own cost (postage from Australia to the US costed me over $100). Do not buy from ecowhides.com! Unless you are sure you will not have to deal with customer service or Deborah for any reason. Terrible customer service - you will never get anything out of them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2013 11:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eCowhides/Aventura-Florida-33180/eCowhides-eCowhidescom-terrible-customer-service-rug-received-was-not-what-I-ordered--1105760. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eCowhides