Complaint Review: ECPI-College Of Technology

• Submitted: Wed, April 01, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 01, 2009

• Reported By:Graham North Carolina
ECPI-College Of Technology
7802 Airport Center Drive Greensboro, North Carolina U.S.A.

ECPI-College Of Technology Taken advantage of by ECPI Greensboro North Carolina

I attended ECPI back in 2003. When I enrolled and started my classes I was told that my student loans, financial aid, and pell grant would take care of the cost of everything. I was told I only had to worry about repayment 6 months after graduating. I had a GPA of 4.0 and I thought I was well on my way to starting a brighter future for myself. To my surprise, one and a half semesters later, I was called in the financial aid office and told I would need approximately $3,000 more to be able to continue my classes there. At that time I told them I was an unemployed full-time student who couldn't afford to pay that money and added that I was having a hard enough time finding the gas to make the 45 minute trip to and from school. They suggested that I ask family and friends for the money or have them apply for a personal loan until I could afford to pay them back. I was shocked and offended that they would ask me to borrow money from my loved ones to stay in school.

To make a long story short, a day or two later they called me back in the office. They asked me for the money again and I gave them the same response I gave them earlier in the week. They suggested that I withdraw and go to a community college. Several months later that sent a bill in the mail for over $5,000 and said interest would be applied after nonpayment. I don't have a degree, a transcript to transfer to another college, or any other proof that I was ever a 4.0 student except for a NOW $12,800 bill that has been sent to collections. $7,000 of that $12,000 is INTEREST! I can't afford to pay it, and I can't get into any other college without them releasing my transcript. Please, Please, think twice before enrolling at ECPI. It's the worst thing I could have ever done to ruin my chances at having a successful career. If you can offer any advice or information to help me and the many other victims of this school, please help!

Kristie
Graham, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2009 09:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ECPI-College-Of-Technology/Greensboro-North-Carolina-27409/ECPI-College-Of-Technology-Taken-advantage-of-by-ECPI-Greensboro-North-Carolina-440039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ECPI-College Of Technology