restaurant

• Reported By: RippedOFF — Chicago Illinois United States of America
ed napleton honda
5800 W 95th ST Oaklawn, Illinois United States of America

ed napleton honda Ripped off on 15K miles service Oaklawn, Illinois

Ed napleton honda rips off customers who come in for getting their vehicles serviced.

I recently went in for scheduled maintenance of my vehicle and was shown a "maintenance package". My car was <2 years old with ~ 30K miles and I asked the maintenance person for honda recommended maintenance only. I declined this package offer. I specified that I did not want any additional, unnecessary work done. I was assured of the same. At the same time, I clearly specified about 3 times that no work should be done until I approve it - if any replacement parts/extra service was determined as needed post inspection of vehicle, I asked to be informed of same before replacements were actually done or service was actually performed. I felt this would be a sound way for me to avoid unnecessary "service" for a car that's in great condition and well-maintained so far. I was assured that this would be the case.

2 hours later, I was informed the the service was completed and I was faced with a $450+ bill for "scheduled maintenance". I was told that this was price of the "package" I selected. I was also informed that no additional repairs were necessary  - the vehicle was working well and scheduled maintenance (worth $450+!!!) was performed. Also, the maintenance and service were already completed now and hence I was liable for the charges. Hence, I was "sold" a service package and maintenance that I clearly did not approve or need.

I was obviously upset about this and asked to speak with the service manager. I explained to him that I had clearly declined the package offered and I wanted to get an estimate of cost before any service was done. The manager simply showed me my initials on the service contract  and said that I had signed up for it and hence I had no option but to pay! In other words, I was ripped off into paying $450+ for scheduled 30K mile maintenance for a vehicle which needed hardly any of those "services" provided. And all this after having bought the vehicle from this dealership and having had all my prior services done here.

There is probably not much I can do here except realize that I have been ripped off and to avoid this dealership in the future - which I will. However, by submitting my story, I can perhaps help other people from getting ripped off similarly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 12:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ed-napleton-honda/Oaklawn-Illinois-60453/ed-napleton-honda-Ripped-off-on-15K-miles-service-Oaklawn-Illinois-974188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ed napleton honda