Complaint Review: Eddie's Computers

• Updated: Fri, March 07, 2014

• Reported By: Video Director — California
Eddie's Computers
14919 Berg St Sylmar, California USA

Eddie's Computers EDDIE SANCHEZ· Eddie sold me a laptop with pirated operating system software Sylmar California

I bought a laptop from Eddie that had pirated operating system software.

I called from a Cr..gList ad, and he wanted to meet me at a gas station because he was on his way to buy more computers and wanted the money asap.

So I met him at a gas station and the laptop powered up fine, I flipped it over and saw there was a legit MS sticker with my MS key, everything looked cool, so I bought it. When I got home and connected to the internet a small box popped up saying I was a victim of software piracy. Everytime I logged onto the internet this small box would pop up but I could still use the computer then eventually the small box turned into a lock up of the OS.

So I tried to reinstall the OS and use the MS Key on the sticker but that didn't work and MS considers that key illegit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2014 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eddies-Computers/Sylmar-California-91342/Eddies-Computers-EDDIE-SANCHEZ-Eddie-sold-me-a-laptop-with-pirated-operating-system-so-1129022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eddie's Computers