Complaint Review: efaucets.com

• Submitted: Tue, October 18, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, October 18, 2011

• Reported By: ClinicCom — Shady New York United States of America

efaucets.com Beware of efaucet.com free-shipping come-on Internet, Internet

I went to efaucets.com because they offeredthe lowest price for an American Standard Champion series toilet my plumber recommended.  A banner ad for "Free Shipping" was a major attraction.  The catalog description of the item repeated "Free shipping on orders over $99.00".

When I went to check out, however, I found that a $79 shipping charge.  I phoned to inquire and was told to follow an asterisk that was a flyspeck on the banner ad.  On another page I located the reference to the asterisk, where it said that some large items were not eligible for free s;hipping.

I also was told that the "Free shipping on overs over $99.00" in the product description was a link.  I clicked on it.  A page popped up, and two-thirds the way down it mentioned that toilets were not eligible.

I asked why include the Free Shipping come-on in a product description when it did not apply to the product.  You and I know the answer, and also why details of the exclusion were pretty well buried.  Customers weren't supposed to be alerted to it, and presumably would be too far into the process to balk on discovering it.

I said that my belief in the company's credibility was badly shaken.  If they pulled a stunt like this, I couldn't trust anything else about their honesty or their products.   The young woman on the phone promised to deliver the message to her bosses.  I searched elsewhere on the web for the same toilet from a different dealer.

Ironically, if efaucets.com were up-front about their shipping charges their total price would still be lower than any offered by other vendors.  I don't like the company and still don't trust it, but since I was buying by price I ended making my purchase there all the same.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2011 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/efaucetscom/internet/efaucetscom-Beware-of-efaucetcom-free-shipping-come-on-Internet-Internet-790224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on efaucets.com