Complaint Review: efax

• Updated: Tue, May 21, 2013

• Reported By: BBChrist — Alexandria Virginia
efax
Internet USA

efax I signed up for one month ONLY. Have been being billed continuously without my agreeing to it or knowledge.  Internet

*Consumer Comment: Next time

I signed up for one month (really, a one time only need) e fax service.  It's been about a year now, and just discovered they have been billing me $13 per month since then.  I did NOT agree to anything more than one month of service, wihch, I thought, was free.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/efax/internet/efax-I-signed-up-for-one-month-ONLY-Have-been-being-billed-continuously-without-my-agree-1052684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on efax

Next time

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I am guessing they have the infamous "auto renewal" policy which seems to be on most websites. I cannot say anything because it's been a year in your case. In other words, you need to obtain a proof that shows their term of service (agreement) when you signed up.

I am not so sure that you could get any refund because you have let it go for too long. Anyway, this is a good example for you and other people when sign up with a web site regardless a special deal. Normally (on any web site term of service/agreement), you have to explicitly cancel your account after you no longer need it; otherwise, the "auto renewal" will kick in.