Complaint Review: Efax

• Submitted: Thu, January 23, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, January 23, 2014

• Reported By: Lora — Northville Michigan
Los Angelos, California USA

Efax J2 USj2 Global Communications, Inc. They would not record my cancelation so they kept billing me. Will not refund. Los Angelos California

Signed up for a free 30 day trial in August 2013. Cancelled 10 days later (still had 20 days to go with free trial) because I couldn't get my copy/scanner/fax to send faxes to others. They tried to give me a lower rate and I explained 3 times that I could not use the service because my fax would not work, no matter what the price discount they offered me. I was told by the sales guy he would cancel the service. I assumed that was the end of it.

They did did not cancel my service. I was charged $16.95/month Sept-Dec. About an hour ago I got off an hour+ call to Efax trying to get a cancellation again. Got the discount sales pitch again and had to explain to the operator that my machine does not fax so I don't need the service. It's useless to me. Her response was to offer an even bigger discount. I admit at this point I raised my voice and replied 'cancel my service now or I'm calling my lawyer". She obliged and gave me confirmation code of my cancellation.

I then then asked for a refund for the $67.80 I was charged. She informed me efax does not allow refunds. I asked to speak to her supervisor. After a 15 minute hold he finally came on. I explained the situation and he also responded that they don't offer refunds. Asked hor HIS supervisor and got the same. He also said untill I get an email from Efax verifying my cancellation, I am not officially cancelled. Basically, even with the verbal reference number of a cancellation of my acct, they could STILL charge my credit card account until I have an email from them about the cancellation. I'm still waiting for the email.  I'm going to cancel my credit card if I don't recieve an email by tomorrow.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2014 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Efax/Los-Angelos-California-90028/Efax-J2-USj2-Global-Communications-Inc-They-would-not-record-my-cancelation-so-they-ke-1117867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Efax