Complaint Review: efax.com

• Submitted: Tue, November 23, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, November 23, 2010

• Reported By: WriteOn — Bluffton South Carolina United States of America
efax.com

efax.com efax spyware? Cannot remove program/icon from desktop on a Mac, Internet

I use a Mac and no longer use the efax service. However, nearly every time I use my computer, an annoying pop-up "efax messenger for Mac" window.

I have tried everything to get the application off my computer. I have called efax technical support a number of times. I spoke with several English speaking technical support reps who told me they do not know how to remove the program from a Mac, only from a PC. Other times I've called, I've gotten transferred to tech reps in India.  I have been instructed to call a Mac specialist to remove the program. Shameful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2010 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/efaxcom/internet/efaxcom-efax-spyware-Cannot-remove-programicon-from-desktop-on-a-Mac-Internet-665022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on efax.com