Complaint Review: eglobalservices.org

• Submitted: Thu, July 04, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, July 04, 2013

• Reported By: o'brian — in Minnesota
eglobalservices.org
registered somewhere India registered somewhere India , Select State/Province India

eglobalservices.org false caller claming to be Microsoft security registered somewhere India India

I received a call from unknown people whom claimed to be Microsoft security. I was told that my computer had been hacked into and files compromised. Believing the call to be genuine I opened my computer to them. I was told that my internet license had been compromised and need to be re-purchased.   I paid $299.00 to have this license replaced on my computer.

After the call, I had my doubts on the honesty of this call and did some on-line checking.                                     I learned this was a scam that has been pulled for many years. I called my bank and had the transaction rescinded and my card numbers closed.

The funds have since been refunded. I lost no monies.

I thought the matter was finished. Now I’m receiving threading calls, demanding payment. The phone numbers are listed as coming from different states, New York and Pennsylvania.

Number:

Preliminary   Location:

NASSAU, NY

Served   By:

Bandwidth.com CLEC LLC - NY

This is how the second number appeared on my phone 1-570-000-090-100-800 plus my home phone number.

According to the area code, it’s from somewhere in Pennsylvania.

On the 4th of July 2013 I received this second call threading me to pay  $10,000.00 or ‘the adult images they say they found on my computer would be linked to other sites to implicate me for public offences!’ And my phone number would be linked in as well. - There are many things we can do to mess you up.”

I have not paid any ransom and I have told them I know they are scams and to stop calling me.

The calls come from a very loud office where many other voices are also speaking on phones as well.

The caller is male and sounds ethnically to be from around the Indian Ocean area, India or Pakis

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2013 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eglobalservicesorg/registered-somewhere-India-Select-StateProvince-unknown/eglobalservicesorg-false-caller-claming-to-be-Microsoft-security-registered-somewhere-In-1064479. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eglobalservices.org