Complaint Review: EGUMBALL

EGUMBALL
IRVINE, California USA

EGUMBALL THEY MAKE YOU THINK THEY ARE "GOOGLE" IRVINE California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Working With Google Quality Guidelines

Misleading phone call makes you THINK that GOOGLE is calling.

It was 8 or 9 minutes into the conversation when I realized it was NOT GOOGLE but a sales company.

They convince me that they would get me on the TOP Seach results of all the major search engines and I would have to do NOTHING....

The call went on nearly an hour and $298.00 out of my pocket, plus an additional $149.00 a month thereafter, I realized that I did need to become an ACTIVE person to make this work when I was told on the phone that I did not have to do anything....

I called 2 days later to get my money back, but, I was convinced that this will be great for my business. It now3 months later and NOTHING but money being taken from me monthly. I was just told TODAY that if I refused to pay, my account would go in to COLLECTIONS which in turn would hurt my credit.

In all, this comnpany got $894.00 from me and I received nothing but headaches talking to them on the phone.

Check out the BBB. This comnpany is cheating people out of their hard earned money making you THINK that they are GOOGLE...

GOOGLE needs to shut this compnay down. I am doing everything I can to get my money returned to me.

By the way, I am posting this as a FREEDOM OF SPEECH with my Personal Views and Opinions....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2013 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EGUMBALL/IRVINE-California-92618/EGUMBALL-THEY-MAKE-YOU-THINK-THEY-ARE-GOOGLE-IRVINE-California-1111037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EGUMBALL

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Working With Google Quality Guidelines

AUTHOR: eGumball Inc. - ()

It is an unfortunate set of circumstances which surround Ken's dispute. On one side we have Ken the small business owner who just wants to advertise his business on Google. On the other side we have Google with its iron clad algorithms designed to protect the overall quality of its search engine result pages.  We provide local maps optimization services which assist business owners with the managing of local listings on Google and other local search sites.  Consumer frustration is a commonplace in our industry as we do not control of Google updates and therefore need time to resolve issues like Kens. We believe that we have tried everything in our power to help Ken’s business achieve his rightful position in Google Places.

rejected