Complaint Review: eHarmony

• Updated: Fri, June 21, 2013

• Reported By: California Girl — Lemoore California
eHarmony
2401 Colorado Avenue, Suite A200 Santa Monica, California USA

eHarmony Pay for a 12 month "special" membership, but NO Refunds allowed! Santa Monica California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Agreed! Eharmony is a Ripoff!

I am very unsatisfied with eHarmony. I joined on 6 Jan 2013. I purchased a 12 month membership 3 payment plan ($55.80) for a total of $167.40. I have not enjoyed my time on the site, especially never knowing what person is legit or not. I have had a few contacts who turned out to be scammers. eHarmony just tells you that a person has taken over an account that isn't theirs. How comforting that is after it happened to me several times. I was in communication with a couple of them!

So I called Customer Service to request a cancellation of my subscription and a partial refund for the months left on my subscription. They won't do it. Claiming I joined on a "special" and they can only cancel my auto-renewal. I asked the CSR why they couldn't prorate the refund. Again, he referred to the special. So no refund!

This is just bad business! I will never again join an online dating site, especially eHarmony!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2013 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/eHarmony/Santa-Monica-California-90404/eHarmony-Pay-for-a-12-month-special-membership-but-NO-Refunds-allowed-Santa-Monica-C-1061085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on eHarmony

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Agreed! Eharmony is a Ripoff!

AUTHOR: Dee - ()

The situation is that the Eharmony Site has old servers, profiles and information.  Once after getting your profile uploaded, you will be bombarded with matches that are outside of your area and are very much dead end leads.  I called the Customer Service hotline only to be insulted that the "Matches" are valid and waiting for my response....so wait a minute!  I didn't receive them and now you are telling me that I am getting communications?  I don't think so!  The CSR wasn't able to read the screens correctly and would not, refund any partial payment or cancel my subscription.  This is poor customer service and on top of it all, she was extremely rude!

I asked for my case to be escalated, but better yet, I will be contacting Visa and disputing the payment for services not rendered.

Please help!  Dee