Complaint Review: elance.com

• Reported By: TexMexJoe — Covington Louisiana
elance.com
Internet USA

elance.com incompetent writers Internet

I was looking for ghostwriting and editing services and saw elance.com displayed prominently in all Google searches.  I clicked on both the "editing" and "ghostwriting" options and started reading resumes.

I could not find a single resume without serious grammatical errors and phrasing issues in the first paragraph.  The spelling and punctuation errors are so egregious that they couldn't get past a high school English teacher.

Some of the sentences in the posted resumes by alleged "professionals" read like this: "I just love being a writer because being a writer is what I really love to do, I can help you! please consult my list of jobbs completed.  I write all kinds of books; Please let me know if I can help you.  Thanks"

This is not an actual listing but modeled very closely after dozens I saw.  I may not be able to write a book, but I do know basic English grammar and punctuation, and I couldn't find a resume without glaring errors.  This is not a site that lists professional writers.  It's a rip-off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2014 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/elancecom/internet/elancecom-incompetent-writers-Internet-1144137. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on elance.com