Complaint Review: Electrolux Home Products

• Reported By: Ben — Crozet Virginia
Electrolux Home Products
P.O. Box 212378 Augusta, Georgia USA

Electrolux Home Products Do not stand by their products Augusta Georgia

*Author of original report: Update, and it's not good

My wife and I purchased the entire suite of Gallery appliances, from Lowes, for our new house in October 2013. Range, microwave, refrigerator and dish washer. A few days after delivery, all of the appliances' handles started rusting. Lowes couldn’t figure out the issue and their Frigidaire rep couldn’t either. At that time, we requested new handles. We were told that they could not give us just the handles and proceeded to order new appliances for us. After several weeks we received our new appliances. No rust issues on these. I did some research on this issue and found that it was a common issue with the Gallery series… A few months ago, our refrigerator’s (Model: FGHF2366PF2; Serial: 4A34415348) ice-maker stopped working. The service technician determined that the control board was at fault. This was replaced and the ice-maker started working again. A week ago, the ice-maker stopped working again. The technician came by and determined that we needed a new ice-maker. He ordered one- currently on back order- and will install upon receipt. As we wait for the new part, the ice-maker starts leaking from the ice shoot. We’re told that we will need to turn off the water supply until the new ice maker comes in. This means that not only will we have to continue to buy ice; we will also not be able to get water from our fridge. Today, my wife called the 800 number listed inside the unit and asked for an extended warranty, since we’ve had so many issues. The support rep was rude and incredulously asked ‘why should Frigidaire give you an extended warranty that you don’t even pay for in the first place?’. My wife then asked to speak to a supervisor. He refused. I repeat, he refused. What type of CSR refuses to escalate an issue, which they cannot assist with, to a supervisor?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2014 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Electrolux-Home-Products/Augusta-Georgia-30917/Electrolux-Home-Products-Do-not-stand-by-their-products-Augusta-Georgia-1133544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Electrolux Home Products

Update, and it's not good

AUTHOR: Ben - ()

We have now reached a critical point with this refrigerator. Since my last post, we've had to have 2 more service calls. The most recent, last week, had them replacing 7(seven!) parts. Only to have it start failing again today.

Today's problem is that the fridge temp will not hold at the 37 degrees that the technician set for us on their visit last week- after all of the replacements. It's fluctuating up to 51 degrees. This is an unsafe temperature. I'm wary of feeding my family anything that's in there. The FDA states that fridge temps should never exceed 40 degrees.

We called the Figidaire CS Center and they have escalated to the back-office in an attempt to get us a replacement. This is good progress but it does not address the immediate issue.

Today they certified the fridge as a lemon and approved the replacement. But here's the kicker: it's going to take 21-days to receive the replacement.

Like most people we cannot afford to eat out every day and night while we wait for this process. Thinking it would only be a few days, I've been going to the store daily and getting just what we need. And keeping it all in a cooler. This is an unsustainable solution.

I already had to throw out a few hundred dollars of food so this is just salt on the wound.