Complaint Review: Electronic Repair Service

• Updated: Tue, November 05, 2013

• Reported By: John — ROCKLEDGE Florida
Electronic Repair Service
623 Campbell Street Thomasville, Georgia USA

Electronic Repair Service New Remote Control.com Consumer ripoff Thomasville Georgia

Electronic Repair Service/New Remote Control.com, on their website displayed the remote I wanted to purchase. The website stated that the remote  I would receive would be identical to the picture/photo.

Instead they sent a remote of a different manufacture that did not activate my converter box. When I complained they sent detailed 'test' instructions which I followed.  That did not resolve the problem. The instructions went on to say that if the remote was functioning, then the problem was with my equipment. Not so! The old remote works  well enough to determine that my equipment is in order.

There is no phone to contact customer service. I requested a return authorization and it was then that I saw the 'restocking' fee. I requested they not charge me the restocking fee because what they sent was other than what I ordered. They charged me anyway

My total expenses were almost $40.00 including shipping both ways. My refund was $16.96.

I feel this is the old 'Bait and switch".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2013 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Electronic-Repair-Service/Thomasville-Georgia-31792/Electronic-Repair-Service-New-Remote-Controlcom-Consumer-ripoff-Thomasville-Georgia-1097153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Electronic Repair Service